DRC weekly prediction: Rough week for UNT will end with loss to Marshall

Brett Vito

3 hours ago, Billy Clyde said:

He never comments on anything. Just dumps his negativity and runs so you all will click on it.

It’s off-putting to me. Sorry.

I liked these

Torrey profile piece
We are lucky to have Wren
WBB lands one of AR's best
WBB begins practice, Mitchell pleased
TE Pirtle tutors, new weapon emerges

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Billy Clyde said:

He never comments on anything. Just dumps his negativity and runs so you all will click on it.

It’s off-putting to me. Sorry.

So easy to criticize. So hard to offer options. If you want to present a problem, be prepared to offer a solution. Send some positive ideas to help spark the conversation. I'm sure he would value some material to help.

Unless, of course, you're an award winning journalist, like our friend "Bert"

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

7 minutes ago, Udomann said:

So easy to criticize. So hard to offer options. If you want to present a problem, be prepared to offer a solution. Send some positive ideas to help spark the conversation. I'm sure he would value some material to help.

Unless, of course, you're an award winning journalist, like our friend "Bert"

Ok, fair enough. How about a feature on how our freshmen/new recruits are progressing? Talking with coaches to get details on young depth?

• Eye Roll 2

1 minute ago, Billy Clyde said:

How about telling us something we don’t know? Telling us Torrey is important, or that things are not going well right now, is not news.

Unfortunately, the ‘news’ around our football program is not very good right now.   Vito writes about what’s going on, be it good or bad.   When we suck, have a player beating his girlfriend & a prized recruit accused of sexually assaulting someone…. There’s just not a lot of positive spin for crap like that.

NT is lucky to have local newspaper coverage at all, an assigned NT beat writer is definitely a plus.

Vito does overall a good job, I do think he takes his objective reporting a bit far.  He has been covering the team forever, and the sky is not going to fall, if he is guilty of a little favoritism.

Still "tell it like it is" and express opinions, but don't be so rigid about not demonstrating any bias in favor of the Green.  Frankly, it comes off as unnatural in a time when most news reporting offered is very opinionated.   This is sports, it should slanted toward fans and not journalism awards. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Billy Clyde said:

How about telling us something we don’t know? Telling us Torrey is important, or that things are not going well right now, is not news.

Dude literally has to make a prediction piece on what he thinks the outcome of the game is... ON TOP of addressing all the BS this program has gone through this week.  Quit riding his jock and telling him how to do his award-winning job at covering UNT. JFC.

9 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Dude literally has to make a prediction piece on what he thinks the outcome of the game is... ON TOP of addressing all the BS this program has gone through this week.  Quit riding his jock and telling him how to do his award-winning job at covering UNT. JFC.

If you are a moderator, why pile on a fan you are supposed to be supporting.

Vito is paid for his journalism, does a good job, but that certainly does not mean he is not open to criticism. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

If you are a moderator, why pile on a fan you are supposed to be supporting.

Vito is paid for his journalism, does a good job, but that certainly does not mean he is not open to criticism. 

Am I not allowed to voice an opinion on how much undeserved bashing our beat-writer gets? It is tiring and unwarranted. Just because it is his job doesn't mean that unwarranted feedback from the rear seats needs to be issued on a constant basis.