Is Vincent Paige also not a good dude?

GreenBacker

"Boys will just be boys, you know? Well what were you wearing? Well if you were under the influence that’s your fault. If you don’t have video footage or DNA, nothing we can do about that. Why didn’t you scream for help? Why didn’t you report this sooner? "

And I call straight bullshit on this quote.  No teacher, coach, or cop has told them this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Last Chance U needs to look no further than this program for it's next drama filled season. Un-douchebagng-believable

At this current rate, no kidding. 

Coach arrested for inappropriate relations with a female student while coaching at H.S.

Current player arrested for Family Violence Assault

Commit possibly under investigation for sexual assault.

Did I leave anyone out?

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Coach arrested for inappropriate relations with a female student while coaching at H.S.

Did I leave anyone out?

This highlights my concern when these things happen and the person is not convicted. He was arrested, charges were dropped, yet his life will never be them same.

• Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Last Chance U needs to look no further than this program for it's next drama filled season. Un-douchebagng-believable

Actually they need to look at wherever they turn up next.  What this program has done re: Simpson and Paige is the opposite of "Last Chance"

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

"Boys will just be boys, you know? Well what were you wearing? Well if you were under the influence that’s your fault. If you don’t have video footage or DNA, nothing we can do about that. Why didn’t you scream for help? Why didn’t you report this sooner? "

And I call straight bullshit on this quote.  No teacher, coach, or cop has told them this.

It 100% happens. Go ask the females in your life. This is especially true in Texas when you're talking about star football players. I'm not saying this particular case is true or not. I have no idea. I'm just saying you can't call "straight bullshit" because there are teachers, coaches and cops who have said words like that to traumatized young females. 

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

https://dentonrc.com/news/guyer-students-plan-walk-out-friday-in-wake-of-alleged-sexual-assault-accuse-denton-isd/article_d8c1fb9b-ef6d-529b-9f76-3bd020cceb03.html?fbclid=IwAR0dityE2NTxqnAgamOwnvRaSFekEgTqoTw00pRMh-C6nUBtLNLYaRNKn_g#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

More information including a story from a mother whose daughter was supposedly sexually assaulted by the player in 2018. They went to the police and the school and no action was taken. The school even kept putting the assailant in classes with the victim. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

38 minutes ago, Mrs. Esterhouse said:

It 100% happens. Go ask the females in your life. This is especially true in Texas when you're talking about star football players. I'm not saying this particular case is true or not. I have no idea. I'm just saying you can't call "straight bullshit" because there are teachers, coaches and cops who have said words like that to traumatized young females. 

I'm calling it because I've investigated sexual assaults, sexual assaults of minors, and sexual assaults of minors by minors. There is ZERO chance all of those have been uttered in this case, which is what the author is implying. If it is getting mentioned to that many people, someone is going to report the outcry. 

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, Mrs. Esterhouse said:

https://dentonrc.com/news/guyer-students-plan-walk-out-friday-in-wake-of-alleged-sexual-assault-accuse-denton-isd/article_d8c1fb9b-ef6d-529b-9f76-3bd020cceb03.html?fbclid=IwAR0dityE2NTxqnAgamOwnvRaSFekEgTqoTw00pRMh-C6nUBtLNLYaRNKn_g#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

More information including a story from a mother whose daughter was supposedly sexually assaulted by the player in 2018. They went to the police and the school and no action was taken. The school even kept putting the assailant in classes with the victim. 

No action being taken doesn't mean it was simply brushed off. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I'm calling it because I've investigated sexual assaults, sexual assaults of minors, and sexual assaults of minors by minors. There is ZERO chance all of those have been uttered in this case, which is what the author is implying. If it is getting mentioned to that many people, someone is going to report the outcry. 

As someone who has known several sexual assault survivors, I'm saying it happens. Those words are said to victims of assault. Victims are shamed and blamed. As someone who investigates sexual assaults, I'm sure you know how rare it is for the accused to actually see the inside of a cell. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Esterhouse said:

As someone who has known several sexual assault survivors, I'm saying it happens. Those words are said to victims of assault. Victims are shamed and blamed. As someone who investigates sexual assaults, I'm sure you know how rare it is for the accused to actually see the inside of a cell. 

But for all of those to have been told in this case, it did not happen. And I'm not going to say it is rare to have a successful prosecution, but you have to be able to have enough evidence to get a warrant and make an arrest, then you have to be able to prove it beyond any doubt in a court of law to either obtain a conviction or convince the defendant to plea. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rudy said:

Did I leave anyone out?

No, you hit the trifecta of events that NT has absolutely no control of, other than maybe doing a better background checks. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I am sure your right and @GreenBackerwas not trying to accuse. I am just not a big fan of putting out information like this until there are more facts. If he's guilty let the cards fall where they may but there are many cases where those accused are never able to recover

GreenBacker didn’t put anything out there. It was out there and he alerted the fan board to it. 

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Mrs. Esterhouse said:

This story disgusts me on a number of levels, but the main one is how the school district handled this situation.  There is a laundry list of employees that should be held accountable.