Is Vincent Paige also not a good dude?

GreenBacker

First and foremost, I would never defend anyone that raped or sexually assaulted another person.

Something doesn't add up.  Regarding the last comment on the change.org post alleging that his last victim ended up in the hospital.  If there were signs of sexual assault the hospital is required to alert authorities.  Why, if these allegations are true, was this not done?  Also, where are the parents demanding action from the local police?  If my daughter reported this to me, my first stop would be the police department not the high school

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I was trying not to post anything, and will refrain from until more is uncovered. It’s a really bad situation, and each side is blaming the other.

This goes back to 2018 apparently, so we shall see what transpires in the next few days.

You were doing the right thing; not trying to get the scoop. Would hope someone would wait for the facts until they post something that could ruin a persons life. Not saying it should be ignored, just wait until some facts come to life. If this turns out to be wrong then hopefully @GreenBacker apologizes to VP.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

If there were signs of sexual assault the hospital is required to alert authorities.  Why, if these allegations are true, was this not done?  Also, where are the parents demanding action from the local police?  If my daughter reported this to me, my first stop would be the police department not the high school

Sometimes people don't want to report it.  Various reasons.  Shame comes to mind.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

Sometimes people don't want to report it.  Various reasons.  Shame comes to mind.

Oh, I understand, but based on this petition, it has been reported to the schools.  Things of this nature should be reported to the police.  Second, if the last alleged incident resulted in someone being hospitalized and the victim shows signs of sexual assault, the hospital is required to report this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

You were doing the right thing; not trying to get the scoop. Would hope someone would wait for the facts until they post something that could ruin a persons life. Not saying it should be ignored, just wait until some facts come to life. If this turns out to be wrong then hopefully @GreenBacker apologizes to VP.

I think GreenBacker is just posting an alarming tweet and asking a question.  I don't see an accusation from him/her unless he/she is this Chad Ayers guy.

Also, this might explain the weird questions that popped up on Paige's recruiting thread yesterday from "JulieeeeeC".   

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think GreenBacker is just posting an alarming tweet and asking a question.  I don't see an accusation from him/her unless he/she is this Chad Ayers guy.

Yes.  No accusations here.  So sorry for creating any more drama.  Just saw this for the first time today after reading about Simpson.  Seeing all of the signatures on change.org I assumed I was just living under a rock and most of you better connected than me would already know what was going on.  Already “reported” the thread and happy to remove it if that’s even a thing.    

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, GreenBacker said:

Yes.  No accusations here.  So sorry for creating any more drama.  Just saw this for the first time today after reading about Simpson.  Seeing all of the signatures on change.org I assumed I was just living under a rock and most of you better connected than me would already know what was going on.  Already “reported” the thread and happy to remove it if that’s even a thing.    

No.  Definitely worth a discussion outside of his recruiting thread, so I'd say keep it open!

• Upvote 3

Just now, BillySee58 said:

Deonte Simpson was kicked off the team officially yesterday and Vincent Paige is no longer committed now, presumably due to off-field allegations.

Is Seth Littrell on the hot seat?? Is UNT going to the Mountain West? You seem to know all the questions 

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Also, this might explain the weird questions that popped up on Paige's recruiting thread yesterday from "JulieeeeeC".   

I am sure your right and @GreenBackerwas not trying to accuse. I am just not a big fan of putting out information like this until there are more facts. If he's guilty let the cards fall where they may but there are many cases where those accused are never able to recover

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

If this involves juveniles, the entire case is handled differently, and the process is even more tedious.  child victims of assault/sexual assault have to be interviewed differently, and juvenile suspects have to go through a completely different process to be interviewed.  So whoever this chad allen guy is needs to tap the brakes.  NOTHING CAN BE DONE until the child victim makes an outcry.  Then they have to go through a special interview, then the juvenile suspects have to be handled and processed differently before they can be interviewed.  It's not like Law & Order SVU.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 2