DRC: Details surrounding the domestic dispute that led to Deonte Simpson's dismissal obtained by the DRC

Brett Vito

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC breaking news -- Deonte Simpson dismissed from team following domestic dispute

That was a pretty quick dismissal. Usually a team says they want to gather all the facts first before they make a decision. For him to be dismissed within two hours of being arrested, makes me think he has already exhibited questionable behavior in the past and that they believed he was capable of what he is being charged with. What are your thoughts?

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

13 minutes ago, Venson said:

That was a pretty quick dismissal. Usually a team says they want to gather all the facts first before they make a decision. For him to be dismissed within two hours of being arrested, makes me think he has already exhibited questionable behavior in the past and that they believed he was capable of what he is being charged with. What are your thoughts?

I don't have any details, but I do know that his absence from the bowl game last year was not Covid related as speculated.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Venson said:

Interesting. Do you think it was medical at all or do you think it was behavior related?

The person I was talking to essentially said that Simpson's absence has nothing to do with Covid and that was it.  I guess my original thought was it was grade related but then he was involved in spring practice, and thinking grades would have excluded him then as well, I started wondering if it was behavioral.  I don't know, but I do know I really expected him to step up this year and it hasn't happened.  Now we will never know because he made a really stupid mistake.  For his sake, I hope he gets squared away and puts this behind him.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

This is clearly on the payer himself.

While I don't think he will be back at NT, i hope for Simpson that he can piece his life together following this, and for the assaulted person that the injury will not be of the lasting kind.

Its a loss for a WR corps that had already been fairly disappointing this season

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Venson said:

I’m pretty sure the damage to his girlfriend’s face was the reason. Why on earth would they say, he beat the shit out of his girlfriend but lets gather more facts?

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Oh boy 

Here we go

10 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Scared On Fire GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

If you are insinuating that this is Seth’s fault when he absolutely did the right thing throwing this kid off the team immediately, you’ve gone off the deep end.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2