Can Seth regain your support?

El Paso Eagle

Part of me thinks its best if we don't do well the rest of the season while the Mean Green until the end part of me wants us to turn it around. 

I hate thinking it would be best if we lose but I honestly do not think Seth can turn thing around and build the program any longer.

Do you believe Seth can turn it around and be the right HC to lead the program moving forward?

image.png.ab32c938cf36ead327ae74a0a817e3d9.png

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I would never hope we don’t win.  It’s not as if we’re trying to set up a better draft pick.  Having a “better than” rather than “a worse than” might be the deciding factor in bring a recruit in. *

* Somehow, I was able to use “than” 3 times in a single sentence.

• Upvote 6

No, that ship sailed a while ago. Highest paid coach in the conference, overall losing record, no bowl wins, overall horrible record against teams with a winning record, no marquee wins. He's had plenty of time to build something and he hasn't done it. No matter what happens the rest of the season, he cannot keep this job.

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

No, that ship sailed a while ago. Highest paid coach in the conference, overall losing record, no bowl wins, overall horrible record against teams with a winning record, no marquee wins. He's had plenty of time to build something and he hasn't done it. No matter what happens the rest of the season, he cannot keep this job.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes 😉

If we win 6+ games going forward by an average of 21+ plus points, no way he loses his job.  Especially if one of those wins is a bowl game.  IMO, that would be a clear indication of the team re-buying into him and SL has turned off cruise control and is actually steering the wheel.

To answer the original Q: can he? YES.  Will he? No.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Only a Sith deals in absolutes 😉

If we win 6+ games going forward by an average of 21+ plus points, no way he loses his job.  Especially if one of those wins is a bowl game.  IMO, that would be a clear indication of the team re-buying into him and SL has turned off cruise control and is actually steering the wheel.

To answer the original Q: can he? YES.  Will he? No.

Lol, then call me Darth Vader.

IMO, the death knell was UAB. That game showed me how truly far behind we are compared to the top of the conference. 

It is bordering on comical how unprepared and undisciplined this team is game after game and how he has never been able to put a competent team together in all 3 phases. I've seen what I need to see. 

I support this team but do not support Seth. He conned this leadership into one massive contract, I don't want to see him do it again.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Even if that happened, I still worry about his ability to get us to the profile we need (from a re-alignment standpoint) in the amount of time we have to work with (seemingly not much).

If that's the case, which it might be, the right replacement hire could speak volumes about us in the offseason...much more rewarding up front than the long-term benefit of SL getting 7-8 wins the following season.

30 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Not saying I'd give him an extension, just that I wouldn't fire him in that case.

For sure, but in this case I think UNT might look at it through the same lens. Can’t afford to wait it out on a guy we’re still unsure of heading into year 7, with the pressure to appeal to conferences before the music stops and we aren’t in a chair.