Littrell #7 on Coaching Hot Seat Nationally

Coach Andy Mac

I’ve been a fairly staunch supporter of Seth, but I think the air has slowly been leaking from his balloon when he turned down a Big 12 job.  I think it affected him mentally more than most of us would ever realize.  Yes, he makes almost $2 million a year at UNT, but it’s not about the money at all.  I feel sorry for him.  It has just all gotten away from him.  

Not sure if a 5 win season could pull him out of this hole, either.  He needed to have his team at least compete with UAB.  UTSA & Liberty could be another impending disaster. Jeez!  Did you see the ‘Runners  vs WKU last night? 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

Congrats Littrell on finally being top of the conference. Those are quite the names to be associated with.

16 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

I understand why many want Seth gone now. But realistically.....he will be here till at least the end of season unless HE pulls the trigger and what coach has ever done that.

This. I know we are in for at least a season of suckage before he is let go because of his contract structure and him not wanting to let go of the golden goose (and private jet) any sooner than he has to.

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I’ve been a fairly staunch supporter of Seth, but I think the air has slowly been leaking from his balloon when he turned down a Big 12 job.  I think it affected him mentally more than most of us would ever realize.  Yes, he makes almost $2 million a year at UNT, but it’s not about the money at all.  I feel sorry for him.  It has just all gotten away from him.  

Not sure if a 5 win season could pull him out of this hole, either.  He needed to have his team at least compete with UAB.  UTSA & Liberty could be another impending disaster. Jeez!  Did you see the ‘Runners  vs WKU last night? 

As a human being, I agree. He was once one of the hottest names in the college coaching market set to make a lot of money. Now, he looks lost in the current job he has and he'll be lucky to get an offensive analyst job at some bottom of the barrel program. Life comes at you fast.

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Congrats Littrell on finally being top of the conference. Those are quite the names to be associated with.

This. I know we are in for at least a season of suckage before he is let go because of his contract structure and him not wanting to let go of the golden goose (and private jet) any sooner than he has to.

As a human being, I agree. He was once one of the hottest names in the college coaching market set to make a lot of money. Now, he looks lost in the current job he has and he'll be lucky to get an offensive analyst job at some bottom of the barrel program. Life comes at you fast.

Well I for one don’t he made his decision.   Take a pay cut and give some that money to an OC.  Or pay extra to retain Graham Harrell and name his assistant HC.   He used his very limited leverage for a pay increase.   Now he is well compensated best paid for a HC at a P5 school.  His pal Sonny might bring him to his staff at SMU or his next stop.   I suspect if SMU only loses 2 games this year either Sonny is gone or he will have openings on his staff due to some of them getting a higher position at another program.  The luster is gone though.  If allowed to focus 100% offense he might do well but the HC job at a G5 program has too many other responsibilities to do that.  Accurate self evaluation is one of the most underrated qualifications to being a head coach imo.  Selecting and retaining staff that are better at what you are weak at or don’t have the time to focus on is key.  Nobody feels sorry for us when we use our $50-$3000 to watch our team get kicked in the mouth on a regular basis. 

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Sorry, ... gonna call your bluff on this one Coach Andy.

The Coach's Hot Seat poll revisions are announced on Tuesday, and this news of Seth moving up to #7 was updated on GMG.com last Tuesday afternoon. https://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/149016-national-coaches-hot-seat-official-poll-2021/?do=findComment&comment=1312749

A new Hot Seat update will be out on Tuesday this week. How do we think Seth will fare?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1