I felt Aune did well

Tom McKrackin

"Impressed" is too strong a word. I'd say he did play better than our last few games. Which is such a horrifically low bar that it should be used for limbo competitions.

Don't oversell that sucking less still sucks a lot for our QBs. At best he improved but still has massive mistakes. If he truly is our best player, let him grow and keep him as starter.

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I thought our offense looked respectable when we were mixing up the pass, handoff, and zone read with Aune pulling the ball keeping the defense off balance. Those were our best drives when we incorporated all three, and that has to be the game plan going forward.

Accuracy is still the issue for Aune. He needs to put the pass on player’s chest on the sideline. Early in the game Aune made a 2nd down pass to Ward on a hitch play and Ward had to go down and get it, eliminating the chance for YAC. We ran the ball next play and didn’t get the 1st, but had that pass from Aune been at Ward’s chest, he probably gets the 1st. He also threw a similar low pass to Roberts on a similar route and Roberts couldn’t get it.

Even before Aune’s last two touchdown passes “inflated” his stats, he was sitting at 13-22 with 180 yards and 2 TDs/2INTs. That’s 59% completion and over 8 yards/attempt, which is respectable. I feel like he’s playing well enough to give us a chance in our remaining conference games.

Is he good enough to lift us above our conference opponents? Not much evidence of that but he’s going to get a chance and it might be the last of his college career so he needs to make it count.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 3