Don’t do it

emmitt01

42 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Ah yes. It was my fault that you inserted a word that wasn’t there into my post. 

Looks like more than one person took your point the wrong way. Sorry, I know it is difficult for some to admit they may not be clear or could be wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Looks like more than one person took your point the wrong way. Sorry, I know it is difficult for some to admit they may not be clear or could be wrong. 

Except I admitted this when I further clarified my point in regards to Emmitt’s interpretation. You, on the other hand, have only blamed me in regards to you inserting an extra word that wasn’t there in my post. Something only you did, not anyone else. This lack of accountability from you seems pretty on brand though.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

This lack of accountability from you seems pretty on brand though.

As does your post.

And I apologize for inserting the word “on”.  It was still not a good performance. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

14 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I can feel it, someone is about to say some absolute BS like “we fought really hard at the end” or “Aune looked good when he wasn’t throwing picks” or “we’re gonna play easier teams later in the year” or “we scored 35, that’s improvement.”  

Don’t.  Just don’t.  

It's already started on FB last night with the MG Football page posting that the comeback fell short, posting a video of the first TD to make it 14-7. 

13 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

This is the most boring and hopeless North Texas team I have seen in almost 30 years of following this program.

I think you're not giving enough disrespect to the 2008 team that went 1-11 under Todd Dodge, losing 77-20 to Rice, 52-13 to Middle Tennessee State, and 46-13 to Florida Atlantic. Only second-year-in-FBS Western Kentucky saved us from an 0-12.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, rcade said:

I think you're not giving enough disrespect to the 2008 team that went 1-11 under Todd Dodge, losing 77-20 to Rice, 52-13 to Middle Tennessee State, and 46-13 to Florida Atlantic. Only second-year-in-FBS Western Kentucky saved us from an 0-12.

All the Dodge teams and 2015 were worse than this team. That’s a low bar, but still this isn’t doomsday bad. Just really bad. At least the team is fighting. Those teams quit. 

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

All the Dodge teams and 2015 were worse than this team. That’s a low bar, but still this isn’t doomsday bad. Just really bad. At least the team is fighting. Those teams quit. 

Dodge had bad teams in his entire tenure, at least Seth has had some 9 win teams. Not much because no bowl wins or championships, but I agree definitely better than this.

It just shouldn’t come to this point

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Qualify all you want. There’s definitely legitimate room to. I just think it’s disingenuous that the general sentiment is that it was a poor performance when it seemed the general sentiment on Ruder the first two weeks were that he was playing okay the first two weeks despite the bad stats. Not accusing anyone specifically, just seems given those were the seemingly consensus takeaways on the board that there was some overlap.

I think (and hope the coaching staff agrees) Ruder for 2021 season is a dead horse.  So let’s stop beating it. 🤷🏽‍♂️😂. Although I am not hopeful that we will win 3 more games this year, it is at least a possibility with Aune starting.  After we pick up lost 6 they can experiment with whoever they want.  But since it looks like Seth can’t select or develop QBs that are more talented than their size would indicate and fall in his lap, it doesn’t matter. 

[As I am writing this I am watching UTSA QB get a helmet sticker on ESPN Gameday Final. 😡 They are undefeated.  Isn’t this UTSA coach ANOTHER CUSA coach hired AFTER SL getting paid less and out coaching him?  He inherently a 3-9 program in 2019. I digress]

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

I think (and hope the coaching staff agrees) Ruder for 2021 season is a dead horse.  So let’s stop beating it. 🤷🏽‍♂️😂. Although I am not hopeful that we will win 3 more games this year, it is at least a possibility with Aune starting.  After we pick up lost 6 they can experiment with whoever they want.  But since it looks like Seth can’t select or develop QBs that are more talented than their size would indicate and fall in his lap, it doesn’t matter. 

[As I am writing this I am watching UTSA QB get a helmet sticker on ESPN Gameday Final. 😡 They are undefeated.  Isn’t this UTSA coach ANOTHER CUSA coach hired AFTER SL getting paid less and out coaching him?  He inherently a 3-9 program in 2019. I digress]

I agree with all those points

• Upvote 1

I don't think this team is worse than any team in the Dodge years. It just feels that way because we were so quickly skyrocketing up, only to blow out our engines and the crash hurts so bad. It just feels worse.  Seth started off great, but once he missed out on the K State job, it gutted him and he hasn't been the same since. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rudy said:

I don't think this team is worse than any team in the Dodge years. It just feels that way because we were so quickly skyrocketing up, only to blow out our engines and the crash hurts so bad. It just feels worse.  Seth started off great, but once he missed out on the K State job, it gutted him and he hasn't been the same since. 

What killed him was losing Graham Harrell as his OC. Never been the same since…