We are THEM

El Paso Eagle

So many of us on here including myself like to take shots at other programs such as UTEP or Rice about how bad they are and those are teams we would like to play. Sadly, we are now one of "Them".  I don't think anyone is worried about playing us anymore and every school including the other "Them" feel that they can beat us with no issues.

• Upvote 9
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6

On 10/10/2021 at 9:07 AM, RBP79 said:

I'll ask again..."Who has Wren fired here at NT"???? It wasn't Benford...just didn't renew contract.

That's the hardest thing a leader has to do but it shows the ability of a leader to do their job.

Huh? How long you been following UNT? In WB's first couple years on the job literally half the admin staff turned over. I bet we had more turnover in those two years than in the decade before combined. There's pretty much an entire new staff.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2021 at 9:07 AM, RBP79 said:

I'll ask again..."Who has Wren fired here at NT"???? It wasn't Benford...just didn't renew contract.

That's the hardest thing a leader has to do but it shows the ability of a leader to do their job.

The only coaching changes needed were softball and mens basketball back when he first arrived. No need to fire a coach when the contact was up. Did you want him to fire successful coaches? I don’t get this take at all. 

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

The only coaching changes needed were softball and mens basketball back when he first arrived. No need to fire a coach when the contact was up. Did you want him to fire successful coaches? I don’t get this take at all. 

All I'm saying is Wren has never fired a Head coach...what's there not to get?

• Downvote 2

On 10/11/2021 at 1:27 PM, meangreenJW said:

Huh? How long you been following UNT? In WB's first couple years on the job literally half the admin staff turned over. I bet we had more turnover in those two years than in the decade before combined. There's pretty much an entire new staff.

Since 1970..LOL

Referring to Head Coaches.....

Edited by RBP79

On 10/10/2021 at 12:40 AM, untbowler said:

outside of UCONN or UMASS currently we are the worst team in FBS

I don't think NT is one of the 5 worst teams in FBS, even though it sure looked like it against UAB and at times against SMU.This team is better than it looked against UAB, and to my surprise the team has not given up. I think there are about 10 to 20 teams even this NT version would usually beat on a neutral field. If true, that is still not a good team that will go bowling mind you.

Sadly enough I don't think the team is anywhere near enough better than how it looked from quarter 3 against SMU to quarter 2 against Tech, for it to make sense that NT pays SL the highest salary in the conference.

Edited by outoftown