Mizzou reveals uniform combination for homecoming matchup against North Texas

PlummMeanGreen

9 hours ago, MIZ-417 said:

Mizzou is scheduled to travel to Denton in 2030. In 2031 and 2032, North Texas will again travel to CoMo.

Can someone explain to me how we decided to play a 3 for 1 series with Mizzou? I mean, seriously, scheduling is THE SINGLE WORST thing we do and its not close, which really say something.

I swear that decrepit, toilet-bowl Fouts hosted a better lineup of OOC teams than beautiful Apogee has. It makes no sense to me. We moved up to I-A again in 1995. At Fouts, we hosted Oregon State, Vanderbilt, Houston, UNLV, TCU, Baylor twice, Tulsa twice, SMU, Army, Navy, and K-State. We opened up Apogee in 2011. We have played UH twice, Indiana, Texas Southern, Ball State, Idaho, SMU (4x), Nicholls State, Portland State, Bethune-Cookman, Lamar, Army, Incarnate Word, Abilene Christian, Houston Baptist, Northwestern State, and will host Liberty, who miraculously has gotten good after hiring Hugh Freeze.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Can someone explain to me how we decided to play a 3 for 1 series with Mizzou? I mean, seriously, scheduling is THE SINGLE WORST thing we do and its not close, which really say something.

I swear that decrepit, toilet-bowl Fouts hosted a better lineup of OOC teams than beautiful Apogee has. It makes no sense to me. We moved up to I-A again in 1995. At Fouts, we hosted Oregon State, Vanderbilt, Houston, UNLV, TCU, Baylor twice, Tulsa twice, SMU, Army, Navy, and K-State. We opened up Apogee in 2011. We have played UH twice, Indiana, Texas Southern, Ball State, Idaho, SMU (4x), Nicholls State, Portland State, Bethune-Cookman, Lamar, Army, Incarnate Word, Abilene Christian, Houston Baptist, Northwestern State, and will host Liberty, who miraculously has gotten good after hiring Hugh Freeze.

The game this year is a separate contract from the series that is starting in 2030. However, after some additional research, I believe there are only two matchups after tomorrow: 2030 in Denton and 2031 in Columbia. The initial Mizzou release in the spring of 2020 shows that as does the UNT announcement. North Texas is listed on the Mizzou website under future schedules as an opponent in 2032 but it looks to me like they made a mistake and it should actually be Northern Illinois. We did a 2 for 1 with NIU and are supposed to play them at home that year per the release but the schedule doesn't show that and instead has UNT. I think that is a mistake. Looks like a home and home in 2030/2031 and this one in 2021 is a guarantee game with no return game. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ADLER said:

I am calling your bluff.

I had never seen Oregon use green wings on a white helmet at any time before the Ohio State game. I had seen them wear green wings on a fluorescent yellow helmet with yellow uniforms, several other green, yellow, & chrome combos, but never green on white like North Texas uniforms.

The Helmet Project reinforces my stance by showing that this particular Oregon helmet was not debuted until their Ohio State game this year. http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

You’re getting into color-specifics. I’m not. Are we going to claim the design, or claim the design with color scheme?

I think Oregon came up with the design. Seems weird to adjust the colors and say “this is ours and you stole it.” But have at it! I won’t get in the way anymore.

@PlummMeanGreen, I think it’s pretty clear: the color scheme is ours, the design is not.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

Nobody's getting twisted, just pointing out an incredibly obvious flaw.

The issue is that we are letting people that don't give a damn about this school make decisions that affect the image and branding of this school.

That needs to stop. It wouldn't be tolerated at any other university.

Like that gol’ darned Wing end zone?😡

I think the architect firm (HKS) sold that idea to UNT powers that be, but wish they would have said “thanks, but no thanks.”   The good news is that it can still be corrected when Apogee expansion time arrives—not that they’d change it. 
❇️🦅❇️ Fact of the matter is that North Texas has not shied away from the NCAA FBS venues arms race whatsoever (& for that we should all celebrate).  Special thanks to the Loveless & McNatt families of Denton. They advanced our athletic program progress in the direction a university our size should (& is) heading. 

I get pumped when I think Wren Baker’s re-do & expansion of the present Athletic Center very well could look something like what’s pictured below.

339B3277-E576-4826-9F2A-171CC29C93C9.jpeg.454ee0febb00286e0fc3b6b1fe0e4db5.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Adler, what do you mean "letting people make decisions that affect the image and branding of this school".  Are you talking the "throwback  uniforms"?    Or the stylized Eagles that we throw on the helmets on occasion?

Screw it. They can look cheap and trashy again this week in the throwback costumes.

It's been nearly two seasons since the football team has worn North Texas uniforms.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, denton_days said:

For what it’s worth I think the vintage jerseys are cool and trendy. Vintage is very cool right now, and I believe a lot of current students who don’t care about sports find it neat and it gets them interested.

No, not getting curb stomped will get them interested.  

Somehow, some way, Penn State, Notre Dame, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Army, Navy, Air Force, aTm, and so on and so on have managed to keep people interested without having to "throw back" every damn game.   Yes, it's true that the consistency in their uniforms over decades is at play...but a big part of it is that they sell recruits and fans on winning FOOTBALL GAMES and not fashion shows. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

14 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

I’m a product of vintage UNT ‘60s football and proud of it.  The interlocking “stick” UNT has got to stop!  NOW!

Glad people are still on that train. It’s not awful, but it’s not unique nor really good looking. 

• Upvote 2
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

You’re getting into color-specifics. I’m not. Are we going to claim the design, or claim the design with color scheme?

I think Oregon came up with the design. Seems weird to adjust the colors and say “this is ours and you stole it.” But have at it! I won’t get in the way anymore.

@PlummMeanGreen, I think it’s pretty clear: the color scheme is ours, the design is not.

Here’s the thing about that. Yeah it may look similar, BUT that design is our diving eagle logo with just the wings/feathers. It’s not the same as Oregon because that’s not even their logo, it’s just feathers of a duck.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

You can't complain about our past schedules without acknowledging what Wren has lined up over the next decade...Most of the first 10 years at Apogee were handled by RV, who stopped trying to schedule anything after the great 2011 slate of Houston and Indiana.  

2022- SMU and Texas Southern

2023- Cal, Memphis, and ACU

2024-SMU and SFA

2025- Lamar and South Alabama...I'll admit this is ROUGH and should be addressed. 

2026- UNLV and Houston Baptist...also not great. Fingers crossed we get invited to the MWC and replace UNLV with someone more exciting. 

2027- Texas Tech and Wyoming

2028- Army and Undetermined 

2029- Baylor and Tulane

2030- Missouri, SMU, and Texas State

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

You can't complain about our past schedules without acknowledging what Wren has lined up over the next decade...Most of the first 10 years at Apogee were handled by RV, who stopped trying to schedule anything after the great 2011 slate of Houston and Indiana.  

2022- SMU and Texas Southern

2023- Cal, Memphis, and ACU

2024-SMU and SFA

2025- Lamar and South Alabama...I'll admit this is ROUGH and should be addressed. 

2026- UNLV and Houston Baptist...also not great. Fingers crossed we get invited to the MWC and replace UNLV with someone more exciting. 

2027- Texas Tech and Wyoming

2028- Army and Undetermined 

2029- Baylor and Tulane

2030- Missouri, SMU, and Texas State

Yeah, it does look better, for sure. I guess I thought MIzzou was a 3 for 1, but it appears to be just a 2 for 1. But you're also correct that we do have some seasons in there that look rather blah, too.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ADLER said:

Screw it. They can look cheap and trashy again this week in the throwback costumes.

I'm totally with you on the subject.  Maybe I didn't explain myself adequately.  Even the jerseys look old style and cheap.  I like the new diving Eagle and wish they would stick with it too.  Bait and switch with uniforms are out.  Scoring points and winning games is in!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Pretty damn sure. The SOWs on the helmets are too big and placed too far back on the helmet. It looks like crap. 

At least the "NT" is centered on the helmet and visible from every angle. 

200.gif

Sembri terribile

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Haha 2

This wisdom is from the great Matthew Brune back in the 2017 season when he was a young NT Daily sportswriter.

After facing tragedy, Quinn Shanbour was North Texas' hero in his last home  game - Underdog Dynasty

Say hello to the all-white uniforms. These are absolutely perfect, and they’re better than most other all-white uniforms other teams wear because the green is soft enough to compliment the white without taking away from it.

These uniforms are literally perfect, and it’s no coincidence the Mean Green led Iowa University through two and a half quarters. I don’t think I can stress how much I like these enough. 

Grade: A+

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Wow those are fugly. 

It's because this week's uniforms are a hodgepodge combo, kinda Frankensteinish, mix of 1967 helmets, 1967 away jerseys with a diving eagle glued to the neckline, and black striped pants from other obsolete uniforms that don't match anything.Episode 6: A Clubhouse Is Not A Home – Here's The Story: Every Episode of  The Brady Bunch Reviewed

(apologies to Greg, Peter, and Bobby)

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ADLER said:

It's because this week's uniforms are a hodgepodge combo, kinda Frankensteinish, mix of 1967 helmets, 1967 away jerseys with a diving eagle glued to the neckline, and black striped pants from other obsolete uniforms that don't match anything.Episode 6: A Clubhouse Is Not A Home – Here's The Story: Every Episode of  The Brady Bunch Reviewed

(apologies to Greg, Peter, and Bobby)

Don’t insult the shack with the comparison, ADLER!🤢

• Upvote 1