Mizzou reveals uniform combination for homecoming matchup against North Texas

PlummMeanGreen

Who says fans don’t pay attention to college football unis’ because someone sure showed someone from Oregon U (the Ducks) one of our Mean Green unis’ &   
our—eagle—wings—helmet!😎  (I’ve never seen such uniform plagiarism as Oregon pulled off recently). 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/mizzou-reveals-uniform-combination-for-homecoming-matchup-against-north-texas/amp/

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Who says fans don’t pay attention to college football unis’ because someone sure showed someone from Oregon U (the Ducks) one of our Mean Green unis’ &   
our—eagle—wings—helmet!😎  (I’ve never seen such uniform plagiarism as Oregon pulled off recently). 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/mizzou-reveals-uniform-combination-for-homecoming-matchup-against-north-texas/amp/

🦅

What am I missing about people saying Oregon stole our look?  They are first school I ever remember seeing with the wing that takes up the entire helmet.  We were actually one of the last “bird” mascots that I remember doing this.  Several high schools that I know of had those helmets before us.

As far as this week goes, Missouri is wearing one of their school colors…ok.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, NT93 said:

What am I missing about people saying Oregon stole our look?  They are first school I ever remember seeing with the wing that takes up the entire helmet.  We were actually one of the last “bird” mascots that I remember doing this.  Several high schools that I know of had those helmets before us.

As far as this week goes, Missouri is wearing one of their school colors…ok.

yeah i believe Oregon debuted the look in the 2012 Rose Bowl against 'Sconsin

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I’m a product of vintage UNT ‘60s football and proud of it.  The interlocking “stick” UNT has got to stop!  NOW!

Amen, Deep Green!  

Hellsbells!  Let’s bring back the leather helmets that had no face masks if we really want to get into all this vintage thing.

Do our powers know how some of today’s kids even decide on a school by how sharp the football team’s uniforms look?  It’s very much about cosmetics with many of them.  Look at the college football fashion parade on review at FBS stadiums every Saturday? 

• Upvote 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 2

True, the old el cheapo tape logo helmets look like shit. 

They're like those old New Year's 2000 Glasses that have no use, no value, but you've never thrown away.

Justin 1999

They may have some slight sentimental meaning to you but you really should never wear them out again.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

🦅

Plumm, Oregon used the winged helmet design before UNT did. Just going by the helmet histories at the helmet project website. Maybe you have evidence showing otherwise. If so, please share.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

Plumm, Oregon used the winged helmet design before UNT did. Just going by the helmet histories at the helmet project website. Maybe you have evidence showing otherwise. If so, please share.

I am calling your bluff.

I had never seen Oregon use green wings on a white helmet at any time before the Ohio State game. I had seen them wear green wings on a fluorescent yellow helmet with yellow uniforms, several other green, yellow, & chrome combos, but never green on white like North Texas uniforms.

The Helmet Project reinforces my stance by showing that this particular Oregon helmet was not debuted until their Ohio State game this year. http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, ADLER said:

I am calling your bluff.

I had never seen Oregon use green wings on a white helmet at any time before the Ohio State game. I had seen them wear green wings on a fluorescent yellow helmet with yellow uniforms, several other green, yellow, & chrome combos, but never green on white like North Texas uniforms.

The Helmet Project reinforces my stance by showing that this particular Oregon helmet was not debuted until their Ohio State game this year. http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

Like this yellow Oregon U. helmet.  
I notice Baylor will sometimes leave out their gold color  & go strictly green & white.

D8A29599-3841-45C3-ADE2-112D1314676D.gif.8d32daabc1ef3e841b385c29ac4053ee.gif

• Upvote 1

Nobody's getting twisted, just pointing out an incredibly obvious flaw.

The issue is that we are letting people that don't give a damn about this school make decisions that affect the image and branding of this school.

That needs to stop. It wouldn't be tolerated at any other university.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Are they really "throwbacks" if we wear them all the damn time?

I love the interlocking "NT" Exes logo, but can we stop with the thin green tape "NT"? 

I agree. If we're going to wear the interlocking "NT" (which I love) then we need to use the modern version that we use in our current marketing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Nobody's getting twisted, just pointing out an incredibly obvious flaw.

The issue is that we are letting people that don't give a damn about this school make decisions that affect the image and branding of this school.

That needs to stop. It wouldn't be tolerated at any other university.

Adler, what do you mean "letting people make decisions that affect the image and branding of this school".  Are you talking the "throwback  uniforms"?    Or the stylized Eagles that we throw on the helmets on occasion?