Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Mizzou reveals uniform combination for homecoming matchup against North Texas


Recommended Posts

Who says fans don’t pay attention to college football unis’ because someone sure showed someone from Oregon U (the Ducks) one of our Mean Green unis’ &   
our—eagle—wings—helmet!😎  (I’ve never seen such uniform plagiarism as Oregon pulled off recently). 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/mizzou-reveals-uniform-combination-for-homecoming-matchup-against-north-texas/amp/


🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Who says fans don’t pay attention to college football unis’ because someone sure showed someone from Oregon U (the Ducks) one of our Mean Green unis’ &   
our—eagle—wings—helmet!😎  (I’ve never seen such uniform plagiarism as Oregon pulled off recently). 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/mizzou-reveals-uniform-combination-for-homecoming-matchup-against-north-texas/amp/


🦅

What am I missing about people saying Oregon stole our look?  They are first school I ever remember seeing with the wing that takes up the entire helmet.  We were actually one of the last “bird” mascots that I remember doing this.  Several high schools that I know of had those helmets before us.

As far as this week goes, Missouri is wearing one of their school colors…ok.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, NT93 said:

What am I missing about people saying Oregon stole our look?  They are first school I ever remember seeing with the wing that takes up the entire helmet.  We were actually one of the last “bird” mascots that I remember doing this.  Several high schools that I know of had those helmets before us.

As far as this week goes, Missouri is wearing one of their school colors…ok.

yeah i believe Oregon debuted the look in the 2012 Rose Bowl against 'Sconsin

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I’m a product of vintage UNT ‘60s football and proud of it.  The interlocking “stick” UNT has got to stop!  NOW!

Amen, Deep Green!  

Hellsbells!  Let’s bring back the leather helmets that had no face masks if we really want to get into all this vintage thing.

Do our powers know how some of today’s kids even decide on a school by how sharp the football team’s uniforms look?  It’s very much about cosmetics with many of them.  Look at the college football fashion parade on review at FBS stadiums every Saturday? 

  • Upvote 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

True, the old el cheapo tape logo helmets look like shit. 

They're like those old New Year's 2000 Glasses that have no use, no value, but you've never thrown away.

Justin 1999

They may have some slight sentimental meaning to you but you really should never wear them out again.

 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Missouri will play 1 (or 2) at fabulous Apogee Stadium.
Anyone know what year(s). 

 

Mizzou is scheduled to travel to Denton in 2030. In 2031 and 2032, North Texas will again travel to CoMo.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Who says fans don’t pay attention to college football unis’ because someone sure showed someone from Oregon U (the Ducks) one of our Mean Green unis’ &   
our—eagle—wings—helmet!😎  (I’ve never seen such uniform plagiarism as Oregon pulled off recently). 
🦅

Plumm, Oregon used the winged helmet design before UNT did. Just going by the helmet histories at the helmet project website. Maybe you have evidence showing otherwise. If so, please share.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

Plumm, Oregon used the winged helmet design before UNT did. Just going by the helmet histories at the helmet project website. Maybe you have evidence showing otherwise. If so, please share.

I am calling your bluff.

I had never seen Oregon use green wings on a white helmet at any time before the Ohio State game. I had seen them wear green wings on a fluorescent yellow helmet with yellow uniforms, several other green, yellow, & chrome combos, but never green on white like North Texas uniforms.

The Helmet Project reinforces my stance by showing that this particular Oregon helmet was not debuted until their Ohio State game this year. http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

 

 

 

 

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ADLER said:

I am calling your bluff.

I had never seen Oregon use green wings on a white helmet at any time before the Ohio State game. I had seen them wear green wings on a fluorescent yellow helmet with yellow uniforms, several other green, yellow, & chrome combos, but never green on white like North Texas uniforms.

The Helmet Project reinforces my stance by showing that this particular Oregon helmet was not debuted until their Ohio State game this year. http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

Like this yellow Oregon U. helmet.  
I notice Baylor will sometimes leave out their gold color  & go strictly green & white.

D8A29599-3841-45C3-ADE2-112D1314676D.gif.8d32daabc1ef3e841b385c29ac4053ee.gif

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nobody's getting twisted, just pointing out an incredibly obvious flaw.

The issue is that we are letting people that don't give a damn about this school make decisions that affect the image and branding of this school.

That needs to stop. It wouldn't be tolerated at any other university.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Are they really "throwbacks" if we wear them all the damn time?

 

I love the interlocking "NT" Exes logo, but can we stop with the thin green tape "NT"? 

I agree. If we're going to wear the interlocking "NT" (which I love) then we need to use the modern version that we use in our current marketing. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Nobody's getting twisted, just pointing out an incredibly obvious flaw.

The issue is that we are letting people that don't give a damn about this school make decisions that affect the image and branding of this school.

That needs to stop. It wouldn't be tolerated at any other university.

Adler, what do you mean "letting people make decisions that affect the image and branding of this school".  Are you talking the "throwback  uniforms"?    Or the stylized Eagles that we throw on the helmets on occasion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.