GoMeanGreen.com Barbershop Podcast #210

Harry

barbershop.jpg

The Band is back together again!  Join @Evan, @Harry, @BeyondTheGreenand @TheReal_jayD as they recap the UNT loss to La. Tech and look forward to the roadie against Missou.  Realignment talk is back and a recruiting update from JD is also provided.

Direct audio link:  https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/gomeangreen/10.6.21_GMG_BS_pod_mixdown.mp3

• Harry featured and featured this topic

I thought MWC would be done after retaining CSU and AFA too, but in the last week two of their top ADs (CSU and SDSU) mentioned expansion into Texas. This was after announcing that they were keeping their 12 members. They entertained the AAC for the same reasons they are looking into Texas, they want the central time zone and to tap into the Texas recruiting grounds, for both athletes and students in general.

• Upvote 2

I started following this program when Steve Sloan was hired as the AD and the announcement was made that we were moving up to Div.1. As a returning student at that time, it stoked and interest in me that we would be playing the big boys. A lot of bad to mediocre football has been played since that time with a sprinkling of really good football along the way. However, I am so discouraged at the fortunes of this year's team. Yes there have been injuries, yes this is a brutal first half of the season, yes we are young. But we never seem to maintain the success and now listening to the podcast, I've never been so pessimistic about this program since I first started. I turned it off after the 24 minute mark because I can't take anymore disappointment, or waste anymore emotional and mental energy. Reading the board use to give me pleasure, now it just depresses me. I'm probably checking out at least for this season. Maybe for good. I no longer believe in the Mean Green.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Hunter Green said:

I started following this program when Steve Sloan was hired as the AD and the announcement was made that we were moving up to Div.1. As a returning student at that time, it stoked and interest in me that we would be playing the big boys. A lot of bad to mediocre football has been played since that time with a sprinkling of really good football along the way. However, I am so discouraged at the fortunes of this year's team. Yes there have been injuries, yes this is a brutal first half of the season, yes we are young. But we never seem to maintain the success and now listening to the podcast, I've never been so pessimistic about this program since I first started. I turned it off after the 24 minute mark because I can't take anymore disappointment, or waste anymore emotional and mental energy. Reading the board use to give me pleasure, now it just depresses me. I'm probably checking out at least for this season. Maybe for good. I no longer believe in the Mean Green.

Why do people checking out of the program, have to inform everyone?   Ruined my day for sure. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1