You're the A.D....What Does It Take to Keep SL?

Keeping S.L.  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What does S.L. have to do to keep his job?

• It's been a tough year, and we don't have the money for a buyout...he's staying regardless.
    • Get 1-4 more wins.
    • Hit .500 or better.
    • Bowl win.
    • Win out the rest of the season.
    • I've seen enough...he needs to be gone.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/2021 at 08:15 PM

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:
Who's job is it to identify excellent coaches/players to replace the outgoing coaches/players?   That's a huge strike against Littrell.  One he hasn't been able to recover from.

This right here.  He gets measured on how well he can put a staff together that can go get wins.  

It is looking like Bennett will count in the good hire category.  But he’s clean whiffed on two OCs and QB coaches since Harrell departed.  We also haven’t been able to replace Filani.

It happens to even the best.  Mack Brown was eventually undone when he tried to chase Alabama and changed up his offensive approach and staff.  

With Bennett here and on a two year deal, maybe they give Littrell one more chance at getting the OC/QB right.  I don’t know.  What we’ve seen thus far this year is DMac levels of offensive ineptitude.  That’s petty inexcusable from a guy who just last year was touting a top ten offense. Maybe taking over the playcalling again this year will help, but we’ll almost certainly lose Bloesch.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

This right here.  He gets measured on how well he can put a staff together that can go get wins.  

It is looking like Bennett will count in the good hire category.  But he’s clean whiffed on two OCs and QB coaches since Harrell departed.  We also haven’t been able to replace Filani.

It happens to even the best.  Mack Brown was eventually undone when he tried to chase Alabama and changed up his offensive approach and staff.  

With Bennett here and on a two year deal, maybe they give Littrell one more chance at getting the OC/QB right.  I don’t know.  What we’ve seen thus far this year is DMac levels of offensive ineptitude.  That’s petty inexcusable from a guy who just last year was touting a top ten offense. Maybe taking over the playcalling again this year will help, but we’ll almost certainly lose Bloesch.

2 problems here:
1 - In watching Bloesch's unit play this year, I'm inclined to say, "OK, bye".
2 - We're 5 games into the schedule.   You would think he might have done this by now knowing his job is on the line.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Most of you are just assuming that NT can come up with buyout money.  I am not so sure that is the case.   Even if NT could come up with the funds, is that how they want to spend it. 

NT needs to hit the lottery on the next football hc hire.  Does that happen if NT is forced to lower their football staff salary budget just to payoff Littrell?

Easy decision if some benefactor agrees to fund the buyout, but what are the odds of that happening?

A fact is that NT's record right now is exactly what it is predicted to be.  Others and I have guessed that Seph will survive if he finishing strong against the weakest part of the schedule.  I think that is still the case. 

This is an exceptionally young team with almost everyone back next year.  A capable QB must be found whether from development or recruiting.  

As an aside, Baker is not going anywhere unless he wants to.  

Exactly right! 
A very young team that will get better. An above average QB could have raised much of the offensive play. Or experienced/healthy receivers, RB’s (other than Torrey) and tight ends could have raised the offensive performance. 
The defensive scheme is improving the play from the past few years. Shame it took so long to get the defense going in the right direction.

Fixing the QB performance would solve many of the problems. Hopefully our current redshirt QB has something special or things suddenly click with one of our current transfer QB’s.

6 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

Play calling hasn’t been the problem. QB can’t run the offense.

• Eye Roll 1