Any interest in Ed Orgeron?

Tom McKrackin

3 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Probably won't make it past this year according to sporting news.  Could make for a nice bounce back hire.  Any thoughts?

And we think Littrell mumbles!

I'd rather have Tom Herman.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

How old is Ed?  I'd take him.  You'd have all of South Louisiana to recruit from.

That said, I don't know if a "registered coonass" like Ed would fit in up in Northern Texas.  Those people are a different breed.  And.........not near enough Cajun food up there.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Coach O is 60 years old.   Sounds like a more expensive Dan McCarney.   I don't think he would have a lot of fire in his belly to make UNT better.

But if he's interested, talk to him.

While I’m a hard pass on Orgeron, he’s not 30 games under .500 like Dan was and he actually materially contributed to his national championship ring. 

Absolutely. Just watching some of his speeches for his players makes me want to run through a wall for him. Also, we would rake in 4 and maybe 5 star recruits and P5 transfers just from his name and reputation alone. That would be the kind of hire that changes a program.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

• All About UNT changed the title to Any interest in Ed Orgeron?
39 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Absolutely. Just watching some of his speeches for his players makes me want to run through a wall for him. Also, we would rake in 4 and maybe 5 star recruits and P5 transfers just from his name and reputation alone. That would be the kind of hire that changes a program.  

Exactly!  Just like the last coach fired from LSU transformed the next program that hired him!

. . . Oh, wait.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Exactly!  Just like the last coach fired from LSU transformed the next program that hired him!

. . . Oh, wait.

You obviously weren't paying attention. With Les Miles, KU did get an influx of 3, 4, and a couple of 5 star players. While they finished with a 3-9 record, they were extremely competitive and took many teams to the wire, including UT, if not for a huge defensive blunder and long field goal to win the game. So thanks for making my point

• Eye Roll 2

30 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

You obviously weren't paying attention. With Les Miles, KU did get an influx of 3, 4, and a couple of 5 star players. While they finished with a 3-9 record, they were extremely competitive and took many teams to the wire, including UT, if not for a huge defensive blunder and long field goal to win the game. So thanks for making my point

Uh huh.  And where are they now?  How did things work out with that hire in the end?

No offense, but your point stinks.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

The last time Coach O recruited for anything lower than a P5 school McNeese State was the preseason favorite to win our conference. Coincidentally his employer at the time, Nicholls State, was also a member of our conference.

Edited by Cr1028

11 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I dont care if the Hamburglar is our next head coach as long as we start winning on a consistent basis.

Has nothing to do with the question posed, but whatever happened to Hamburglar? He had me wanting McDonald's everyday as a kid.

Hamburglar1.jpg

Edited by Venson
Grammar
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1