AAC strikes out AGAIN

Jonnyeagle

26 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

And grab 3 of the biggest TV markets in the country. Gonna be us with Rice and UTSA hopefully. 

I agree - if they were smart they would grab up the 3 biggest markets in texas.  That makes a lot of sense but as we all know the little boys in the conference like Wyoming will cry bloody murder about it.

19 hours ago, RBP79 said:

MWC will infiltrate the Texas market....sooner than later.

No no no…. It’s already ridiculous a school in Texas is in the same conference as one in Florida. Why would it make sense a school from Texas goes with west coast teams. 

NCAA needs to step up and create logical conferences.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

52 minutes ago, Cooke County Kid said:

I look forward to the I-35, I-25 showdowns. I guess we would have to add 1-45 and I am okay with that too. I hope we can get that invite and go west Mean Green, go west. Maybe we can get our Power 6 Conference after all 😊
GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!!!!

I don’t think this time, but next go around?
Meanwhile, North Texas has some Important business to take care of with winning at the top of the list. 
6C79A53E-2F2C-4F48-9377-78A64BB39DF8.jpeg.973ca114165ae646ee65978e85606ab5.jpeg

• Upvote 3

On 10/1/2021 at 11:26 AM, untjim1995 said:

I never imagined a day that North Texas would leave the Sun Belt Conference and watch it zoom past both CUSA and the MAC as the best of the Lower G5's. There is absolutely nothing that could've convinced me that even had a chance of happening.

I think you are a bit naive.  The distance between the depleted CUSA we joined with SBC replacements was never that big.  Some folks here who will probably down vote this comment looked at our step up to the CUSA with green tinted glasses.  We have more potential with “statistics to tedious to repeat” than all of our CUSA peers.  But that potential is meaningless if we don’t have a consistent winning football program.  That is why Seth still coaching after this bye week is indefensible to me.  We aren’t going anywhere with him.  He might be able to coach and be successful elsewhere but it isn’t going to work here.  I would say SBC has zoomed past the CUSA but with their leadership they are in a better position to make moves.   There is zero chance Grambling comes up to FBS level unless several HBCUs come with them.  I don’t think it makes a difference which near last place conference we are in if we are winning.  The causal fans aren’t showing up to games versus any teams outside our region that aren’t P5. 🤷🏽‍♂️  Especially if we aren’t winning.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1