247 Coordinator Report: Some Names We've Mentioned, Some to Maybe Consider

UNTLifer

21 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Not a fan of bailing on Seth ……but if we do, what about Rich Rod?  He is the OC at LA Monroe right now. 

I like the offense he runs (not doing so much yet at LaMo), BUT 5 major NCAA violations at Michigan and a sexual harassment/hostile work environment lawsuit at Arizona makes it a NO for me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Not a fan of bailing on Seth ……but if we do, what about Rich Rod?  He is the OC at LA Monroe right now. 

18 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

I like the offense he runs (not doing so much yet at LaMo), BUT 5 major NCAA violations at Michigan and a sexual harassment/hostile work environment lawsuit at Arizona makes it a NO for me.

18 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It’s been a while since his kind of offense was dominating at WVA.  I mean, LAMo could only muster 12pts against FCS Jackson St. Neon Deions.

We can do better.

I was a huge RichRod fan.  His offense is spectacular when running on all cylinders.  But I wonder if it was moreso about Steve Slaton and Patrick White, like SL was with Harrell/Fine.  It just hasn't been the same since they graduated.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/30/2021 at 2:46 PM, UNTLifer said:

I definitely feel like UNT is a place Lebby would be interested in. He'd get to come back to Texas and lead a program that's more committed to athletics than just every school in our conference. 

On 9/30/2021 at 5:16 PM, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I like to hear why we should keep SL.  I was trying to give him every break in the book but after our performance this year that shipped sailed for me.  We need new blood in the system because I think SL has run his course here.

• Upvote 4

I've mentioned this in another thread, but since Mac Engel seems (in his own way) to agree with me, here it is again. NORTH TEXAS NEEDS TO HIRE THE NEXT UP AND COMING MATT RHULE. OUR CULTURE NEEDS TO BE FIXED JUST AS MUCH AS BAYLORS.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/mac-engel-in-only-three-years-matt-rhule-did-the-impossible-at-baylor-he-fixed-it/ar-AAP3Z5g?ocid=uxbndlbing

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 1

On 9/30/2021 at 5:16 PM, MeanGreen_MBA said:

So how much longer are you willing to give him.  I am with you to a point, I hate to change coaches again but damn man this dude has been here 6 years now!

• Upvote 3

If we are hiring a new coach:

Not sure who it would be, but a celebrity middle-ager hire would hasten our progress, slow down portal transfers & enhance those from other schools who might come our way.

With our venues North Texas is hardly what I’d call a difficult sale.

••• App.State has a very nice end zone facility that would look nice at Apogee & at a (winning) UNT football program.

94EF8366-77B0-4785-9284-38A79D9856A4.jpeg.dde6ea853fa78c9a3bb6b4fd5b7dbd34.jpeg64BD1E37-861F-47C0-ACBB-F5ABD60052B2.jpeg.2098094dd3a85ac7efd36ae0edc6fef7.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

On 10/2/2021 at 9:51 AM, southsideguy said:

I like to hear why we should keep SL.  I was trying to give him every break in the book but after our performance this year that shipped sailed for me.  We need new blood in the system because I think SL has run his course here.

So frustrating.  Early SL felt like we knew we had sprinkling of talent but, for the most part, Fine and opportunistic defenses were saving us.  We had some players that were playing over their heads.  Gave me so much hope for us.  Now I feel like the talent pool is rich, but player development has fallen off the chart and our teams seem completely unprepared this year.

We are smack in the middle of realignment moves.  I can't believe how bad the timing is for us.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

We are staring at a third consecutive four win season.. at best. how is this bailing on seth? at what point would it be safe to move on.

I would welcome 4 wins at this point, I see only 2 wins. 

UTEP and Rice both won this weekend. 

FIU might be only win the team gets the rest of the season, that's assuming Mizzou and Liberty don't curb stomp the rest of the fire out of the team in the next 3 weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 10/2/2021 at 11:41 AM, PlummMeanGreen said:

If we are hiring a new coach:

Not sure who it would be, but a celebrity middle-ager hire would hasten our progress, slow down portal transfers & enhance those from other schools who might come our way.

With our venues North Texas is hardly what I’d call a difficult sale.

••• App.State has a very nice end zone facility that would look nice at Apogee & at a (winning) UNT football program.

94EF8366-77B0-4785-9284-38A79D9856A4.jpeg.dde6ea853fa78c9a3bb6b4fd5b7dbd34.jpeg64BD1E37-861F-47C0-ACBB-F5ABD60052B2.jpeg.2098094dd3a85ac7efd36ae0edc6fef7.jpeg

I believe something like this is exactly why the AD has plans to move our scoreboard. It would be great if we could build another club-like level in the south endzone. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, denton_days said:

Feldman at the athletic did a write up about hot seats around the league. Says Littrell is in a hot seat, and UNT is a desirable mid major job. Just some interesting thoughts.

5DBD29B2-A435-4280-8DD6-F8257B9109A5.jpeg

"Some mid-major jobs are viewed as very desirable.  This is one of them."
This is PERCEPTION.  And that perception is based on a lot of factors (compensation being a huge part of it).
That same PERCEPTION is around the Athletics department as a whole, which is why NT would be a nice addition to either MWC or AAC.

• Upvote 6

On 10/2/2021 at 10:33 AM, SilverEagle said:

I've mentioned this in another thread, but since Mac Engel seems (in his own way) to agree with me, here it is again. NORTH TEXAS NEEDS TO HIRE THE NEXT UP AND COMING MATT RHULE. OUR CULTURE NEEDS TO BE FIXED JUST AS MUCH AS BAYLORS.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/mac-engel-in-only-three-years-matt-rhule-did-the-impossible-at-baylor-he-fixed-it/ar-AAP3Z5g?ocid=uxbndlbing

Our Culture Needs to be fixed? Did I miss something in the News? What about our culture needs to be fixed other than finding a coach that can cultivate talent and win games against above .500 teams?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I believe something like this is exactly why the AD has plans to move our scoreboard. It would be great if we could build another club-like level in the south endzone. 

I believe an Apogee Stadium end zone facility/Athletic Center will be so nice.  I’d bet blueprints have already been drawn or will be soon.  This project is already in Wren Baker’s creative mind after listening to a recent video.

Below is an IPhone close-up pic I took of App. States end zone facility 2 weeks ago.

2541135C-6321-46D7-B7E1-7E81DBFE550B.jpeg.8f318c13e4acf0af1cb21f2eca3a50ea.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1