Stay Positive - they say.

SteaminWillieBeamin

Stay positive about what?  That a 6th year coach is unlikely to win a conference game this season?  That we will end up back in the Sun Belt after C-USA implodes under Judge Judy's incompetence?  That we will be passed over by two start up football programs in the AAC?  Yes there is SO much to be excited about let me tell you!

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Stay positive about what?  That a 6th year coach is unlikely to win a conference game this season?  That we will end up back in the Sun Belt after C-USA implodes under Judge Judy's incompetence?  That we will be passed over by two start up football programs in the AAC?  Yes there is SO much to be excited about let me tell you!

The SBC would be a solid move up as compared to what CUSA will look like if the SBC does add some of the teams like USM, Marshall, WKU, and MUTS...if we get left behind in the remnants of a battered CUSA, we can pretty much know we are stuck for a long time...

• Upvote 3

If what they are saying it true and the team is staying positive, that is awesome. I will still come and support the team as much as I can. If the product is like what we saw at the last home game and it seems like all have quit, then, well, there is no need to stay positive. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

If what they are saying it true and the team is staying positive, that is awesome. I will still come and support the team as much as I can. If the product is like what we saw at the last home game and it seems like all have quit, then, well, there is no need to stay positive. 

For once, I agree with you.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

Hard to be positive. The glorified Juco, UTSA has blown by us with less money and worse facilities and are getting some serious looks from other conferences (though it most likely won't come of anything). 6 years with a below .500 coach, no bowl wins, and another losing season staring us straight in the face. This administration needs to stop trying to blow smoke up our asses. I get they have to for money's sake, but no one is buying it. 

• RV 1
  • Eye Roll 2

36 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Hard to be positive. The glorified Juco, UTSA has blown by us with less money and worse facilities and are getting some serious looks from other conferences (though it most likely won't come of anything). 6 years with a below .500 coach, no bowl wins, and another losing season staring us straight in the face. This administration needs to stop trying to blow smoke up our asses. I get they have to for money's sake, but no one is buying it. 

The reality is that UTSA just made a very good hire. Maybe that's lucky, I don't know. Traylor knows TX HS coaches very well, though, so that helps a lot for future recruiting. But he must have some solid x's and o's to have done what he's done so far. And he is primed to be the next head coach at some place well above UTSA after this season. 

But the thing that they have that we don't have, nor does anyone else except for UTEP, is that they are truly the only FBS game in town...and that town is gigantic. And SA has a strong pride amongst its citizenry. So if UTSA is really good, they'll show up, just like El Paso has done the very few times UTEP has ever been good. The local newspaper and local TV stations cover them extensively. The Alamodome fits a lot of people and they attract visitors to San Antonio because of the destination status, no matter how overrated that may be to a lot of us.

We literally have none of this. We share DFW with two other FBS schools, while also having 4 pro teams in major sports, as well as MLS, WNBA, the Frisco Rough Riders, and the Mavs' G-league team. There's lots to do here with time and money. And, even worse, we barely get any decent media coverage outside of the DRC, which I believe has an astounding 13k in subscriptions for its non-Sunday production. Now ask yourself how Dentonites feel about UNT Football--the answer lies between apathy and loathing for the clear majority. Hell, one neighborhood actively tried to keep a stadium from being built on land UNT owned already, all because it would produce too much traffic. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Smoke is going to get blown. Believe that. 

11 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We're constantly hearing "sources" leaking information from the MWC and AAC about schools they're targeting or "in talks with".   
Have we heard anything like this from Judy & C-USA leadership?   I don't think I've seen anything like this.
The only thing anyone has posted around here was a leak regarding a warning issued to C-USA schools about buyout dollars owed if a school were to leave the conference... a threat to existing members.

9 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I'm excited to know that players are still hitting the weights and coaches and players are watching film. As if that's not bare minimum for everyone involved. Great. 

I guess we better ask the question what film are they watching?  

9 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I guess we better ask the question what film are they watching?  

MV5BMjA2OTM4MTA3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI2

...seems to have been missed that September 27th was the 30th anniversary of it's release. 

Edited by Stix
I can't count
  • Haha 1