If we’re talking a new head coach…

Just now, Wag Tag said:

We should sit down with Traylor. He has done an unreal job considering $$ and poor facilities. We could offer more $$, alot better facilities and hopefully a new conference. I would set up a high buy out on his contract.

That would be a genius hire...but I think Traylor will be on the list of P5s and the Upper G5s with openings after this season. Texas Tech is hiring someone soon, probably at the end of this year. Maybe they get Sonny Dykes to go back west--but SMU might hire Traylor. Of course, Skip Holtz might very well be the hire that replaces Dykes at SMU, too, if Dykes leaves. 

I also expect Dana Holgorsen to get canned in the years ahead. He's not been that great down there and they have money. I have a feeling he will never coach a down of Big XII football for them. That's another team that I could see going hard for Traylor or Billy Napier at ULL.

• Upvote 4

What about Urban Meyer?

He's devised a way to incorporate a Tight End into his latest Spread Offense.

The non-blurred version is pretty risque, especially for a high profile celebrity in a public setting.

Post any one-liners below, just keep it kinda family friendly.

• Haha 2

On 10/4/2021 at 11:31 AM, PlummMeanGreen said:

Oh hell, I’m too old to be getting fired. Wait a minute, I own my own business—how can I get fired?🤢

🦅

PS: I know, south side guy, I’m a typo fool.  🙄

I can never say anything about typos.  I am the king of typo land. I sure it was meant as some kind of insult but it went over my head.   

Hiring Gene Chizik would get you national attention as a legit program serious about winning football.  He is 61 so if successful he is here to leave a rebuilt program as a legacy or he is gone in 3 years to something bigger. Hire hot EXPERIENCED assistants under him ready to take over when he leaves.  I would for once like to see a coach leave for something bigger instead of being fired.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

Deion Sanders on the Jackson State sideline

Is North Texas ready for the Prime Time?

Nah, first he would probably want too much money.  Second if he fails here he loses credibility to go up the coaching ranks.  Third I think it's a snub of the HBCUs to take such an unprestigious G5 job.   Especially after Seth, I think coaches around the country know for some reason it is hard to sustain anything here.  If I were Coach Sanders the only reason I come here is because I already own a house here.

Just now, Mike Jackson said:

Nah, first he would probably want too much money.  Second if he fails here he loses credibility to go up the coaching ranks.  Third I think it's a snub of the HBCUs to take such an unprestigious G5 job.   Especially after Seth, I think coaches around the country know for some reason it is hard to sustain anything here.  If I were Coach Sanders the only reason I come here is because I already own a house here.

Most coaches have egos and think it is the other guy not them.   Which is good for us.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Most coaches have egos and think it is the other guy not them.   Which is good for us.

Only works if  this is best job available for you in a particular offseason.  Coach Sanders is being mentioned as a long shot candidate for USC.  Making a stop at a G5 program is not on his to do list unless he coaching Jackson State when they jump up to FBS (which is a pipe dream).

50 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

You know what I find most concerning?   WB has not come out and said we stand behind SL.  You like when they stand behind you and push off the cliff.

Because players aren’t invested in him. Blew him off more than ever. People listen to Bennett more

On 10/5/2021 at 9:36 AM, BIMG said:

Major Applewhite?

Hell why not?  Lol.  I am grasping at straws now.  And if we throwing up Hail Marys how about this one: Kellen Moore?  Top selling points to him:

1. He doesn’t have to move.

2. Still no state income tax

3. Instant recruiting advantage among FBS G5 level programs in Texas

4. When Cowboys come calling to fill the HC position you don’t have to move again.

5.  Not every call here is super scrutinized if you just over 0.500

6. You don’t have to get to College Football playoff to retain your job just win conference and stay above 0.500 most years.

7. If you stay and win Big here they are naming stuff for you. 

I KNOW I KNOW just let me dream about winning the lottery in peace.  🤣😂

• Upvote 1

Sorry, fellas, but you are wanting a short-term UNT coach if you get one in their 30’s, 40’s & up until their early 50’s.  I know, that quickly narrows the job search with that kind of age criteria. It would take a special hire, but by now we should know that we are in need of a special hire at UNT.  

Remember that Seth Littrell was 42 & in his 3’rd year at UNT when he had a Big 12 job offer.  

🕺🏼💃

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

1 minute ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Sorry, fellas, but you are wanting a short-term UNT coach if you get one in their 30’s, 40’s & up until their mid 50’s.  I know, that quickly narrows the job search with that kind of age criteria. It would take a special hire, but by now we should know that we are in need of a special hire at UNT.  

Remember that Seth Littrell was 42 & in his 3’rd year at UNT when he had a Big 12 job offer.  

Again, is there any proof that Littrell actually was offered the job.   I highly doubt it, if offered he would be gone.

10 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Again, is there any proof that Littrell actually was offered the job.   I highly doubt it, if offered he would be gone.

If you're looking for proof like leaked emails or photos of contracts that were never signed then you're never going to see it. Multiple outlets reported Seth was deep into negotiations with Kansas State, but when they told Seth he wouldn't have complete control over his own staff and his contract would have an insane buyout clause, he walked away. 

• Lovely Take 1