If we’re talking a new head coach…

The guy on the left, Jeff Lebby, I think is our best option. Kind of ironic he’s with one of our former QB commits, but he is the OC of one of the best and highest scoring offenses in the country in Ole Miss. He’s developed Matt Corral into a Heisman candidate, and prior to Ole Miss he was at UCF where he led a top 25 offense and developed guys like Milton and Gabriel into big time QBs.

I think this is a no doubter, and would bring a great staff with him. He’s been highly touted by guys like Lane Kiffin, and I think is a rising star we need to grad ASAP.

F7CE4799-6100-46BF-8C74-25CACE8C9BA7.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

3 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

After much consideration and prayer, I'm willing to put my name into the hat for only $999,999.00 a year.  I guarantee the possibility of winning 1 game a year, much like our current coach but for half the cost!

kill me now matthew perry GIF

Are you 100% committed??

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

The guy on the left, Jeff Lebby, I think is our best option. Kind of ironic he’s with one of our former QB commits, but he is the OC of one of the best and highest scoring offenses in the country in Ole Miss. He’s developed Matt Corral into a Heisman candidate, and prior to Ole Miss he was at UCF where he led a top 25 offense and developed guys like Milton and Gabriel into big time QBs.

I think this is a no doubter, and would bring a great staff with him. He’s been highly touted by guys like Lane Kiffin, and I think is a rising star we need to grad ASAP.

Must have head coaching experience!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I wonder if he could keep Bennett since he was the Pass Game Coordinator and running backs coach (and Art Briles’ son-in-law) at Baylor while Bennett was the bonafide DC. I find it odd that we keep dipping our toe in the Briles’ Baylor water but we won’t just do a cannonball into the damn thing. Let’s just do it. Let’s go all in.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Must have head coaching experience!

Maybe this guy needs a look....

Football Photo Day

John Glass' FCS program just beat Florida State, and in only 8 seasons as a head coach, he has a record of 69-22. Oh and as the OC, he inherited the head coaching job from Bill Clark when he left to coach UAB. Plus, he has never posted a losing season as a head coach in college. And in 2020 his team beat FIU. This guy knows football.

https://jsugamecocksports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/john-grass/890

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Grass_(American_football)

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 1

https://footballscoop.com/news/georgia-southern-reportedly-fires-chad-lunsford

From the retweets of Northtexaseagle but 2-1 in bowl games and 3 winning seasons out of 4. Looks like he mainly got fired because he let a player ride on top of the bus and chug a beer before a game though a 1-3 start this season didn't help. Any interest in this guy?

9 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

https://footballscoop.com/news/georgia-southern-reportedly-fires-chad-lunsford

From the retweets of Northtexaseagle but 2-1 in bowl games and 3 winning seasons out of 4. Looks like he mainly got fired because he let a player ride on top of the bus and chug a beer before a game though a 1-3 start this season didn't help. Any interest in this guy?

Isn't he an option guy? Not saying it couldn't work but this offense has been recruited for the spread. Might be pretty rough the first few years 

15 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Love Lebby as a candidate! I agree that he should be one of our first calls. 

Some other names to consider:

Pete Golding- DC at UTSA '16-'17 and has been the DC at Alabama since 2019. He's 37.

Jeff Grimes- Career OL coach until he got the OC job at BYU. He served in that role '18-'20 and is currently the OC at Baylor. Texas guy who played offensive line at UTEP. He's 53.

Mike Elko- Has served as a DC since 2009 at Wake Forest, Bowling Green, Notre Dame, and he's been at A&M since 2018. The Aggies defense has improved every year since Elko's arrival. He's making $1.8 mil/year at A&M so probably out of our price range. He's 44.

Alex Grinch- Has been the DC at Oklahoma since 2019 with previous stints at Ohio St (2018), and Washington State (15-17). There's no denying the improvement the Sooners have shown on defense since Grinch's arrival. He's 40. 

Graham Harrell- No bio needed. He's 36. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Isn't he an option guy? Not saying it couldn't work but this offense has been recruited for the spread. Might be pretty rough the first few years 

Ok, didn't know he was an option guy but teams that know how to run the ball control the clock and game flow. Mainly saw his record and the results are pretty solid. 

7 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Love Lebby as a candidate! I agree that he should be one of our first calls. 

Some other names to consider:

Pete Golding- DC at UTSA '16-'17 and has been the DC at Alabama since 2019. He's 37.

Jeff Grimes- Career OL coach until he got the OC job at BYU. He served in that role '18-'20 and is currently the OC at Baylor. Texas guy who played offensive line at UTEP. He's 53.

Mike Elko- Has served as a DC since 2009 at Wake Forest, Bowling Green, Notre Dame, and he's been at A&M since 2018. The Aggies defense has improved every year since Elko's arrival. He's making $1.8 mil/year at A&M so probably out of our price range. He's 44.

Alex Grinch- Has been the DC at Oklahoma since 2019 with previous stints at Ohio St (2018), and Washington Stat (15-17). There's no denying the improvement the Sooners have shown on defense since Grinch's arrival. He's 40. 

Graham Harrell- No bio needed. He's 36. 

I like that your list has a bunch of DCs.   I'm kinda leaning that way for a HC, and hiring a brilliant young offensive mind for OC with carte blanche to run his offense.   Odom has enough connections to find that guy.
I would throw in Barry Odom as well.   
He has the HC experience a lot of people want.  He was able to get Missouri Ranked while HC, and his defenses are always very good.   The SECWest is just a killer division that Missouri will usually be an 'also-ran' in.  The fact that he could even get Mizzou to be competitive in that division is impressive.
He's from Ada, OK., so Denton is pretty close to home...  and he worked with Wren Baker for years, so they're already very familiar with each other. 
What he's done so far with Arkansas' defense is simply astonishing.  They just held #7 A&M's offense to 10 points!   And earlier this season, his defense held Bijan Robinson to 69 yards!   So far, this season after playing 2 ranked teams, his defense is averaging 14ppg!

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

BOB is gonna ride out his time with 'Bama to parlay it into another P5 job.   He's already proven he can win at a very high level in P5 while at Penn St.   He'll likely get another shot at that somewhere in the next 2 seasons.

Yep.  I guarantee he could have a P5 HC gig right now.  He's probably just waiting for the right one, or possibly another NFL gig.