Proud of the effort shown last night

Jonnyeagle

jeeze man. I would almost rather hear they have given up than what you just wrote.   This tells me that they aren't that good and SL is a terrible evaluator of talent. Either way, this doesn't bode well at all for us.  Yay for last place in the last conference.  Let's hang our hat on moral victories.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

jeeze man. I would almost rather hear they have given up than what you just wrote.   This tells me that they aren't that good and SL is a terrible evaluator of talent. Either way, this doesn't bode well at all for us.  Yay for last place in the last conference.  Let's hang our hat on moral victories.  

In Year 1, even year 2, I’d understand the moral victories…in year 6? Not so much.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

If this were a first year program with a first year coach, I’d be satisfied and proud.  Our facilities and our payroll are as good as any G 5 program.   I believe our effort deserves a better return.  I will no longer be content with moral victories unless we are playing top 25 teams.  

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 1

Man we should be the moral victory national champs. A lot of fans are happy cause we didn’t get blown out, we didn’t quitting. The bar is extremely low. And I’m tired of hearing that we have people hurt. Find your best 11 that can play on Saturday’s and put them in position to win games. That’s what you get paid the big bucks for. All the excuses are getting old. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Our failure to win is by no means a matter of lack of skill. These players are giving 100%, for the most part anyway. It falls entirely on coaches. Yes the defensive effort was valiant and guys like Torrey Ragsdale and Novil were playing great. But yet another early double digit deficit. For the eleventy billionth time. It's on Littrell and his coaches and their inability to get us prepared.

Bill Clark Luke Fickell and Jeff Traylor all win games with this roster. We have the talent to compete and we aren't. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Yay for #olddenton

I'd at least separate the effort in the first and second halves. 

And I wouldn't say we've overcome the UAB disaster. It's not progress to overcome a blowout loss with a close loss. Especially after the first half of the close loss wasn't close. 

Or that said loss was to a team without their starting QB…

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

I didn't get to see the game live, but watched on replay.  Put me squarely in the column of the only statistic that matters is the score when the clock reaches 0:00, but what I saw provides some hope.  We still have problems..giving up big plays (especially early), we can't get off the field on 3rd down, gave up a turn-over when we we had a drive going trying to answer one of their scores, can't convert on 4th down to keep a drive going and gave up a big play on special teams.  However, that stop after giving up the punt return and forcing a field goal was huge.  If they go in to score a TD, it could have easily turned into a rout.  They had all the momentum.  The D held and the we essentially controlled the game after that.  If we hit on a couple of key plays, it could have gone our way.  We need better/more consistent play from our QBs (I don't care which one) and receivers.  Someone needs to step up to be the playmaker on offense (hopefully multiple someones).  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

Our failure to win is by no means a matter of lack of skill. These players are giving 100%, for the most part anyway. It falls entirely on coaches. Yes the defensive effort was valiant and guys like Torrey Ragsdale and Novil were playing great. But yet another early double digit deficit. For the eleventy billionth time. It's on Littrell and his coaches and their inability to get us prepared.

Bill Clark Luke Fickell and Jeff Traylor all win games with this roster. We have the talent to compete and we aren't. 

rQbpONn.gif

3 hours ago, keith said:

I didn't get to see the game live, but watched on replay.  Put me squarely in the column of the only statistic that matters is the score when the clock reaches 0:00, but what I saw provides some hope.  We still have problems..giving up big plays (especially early), we can't get off the field on 3rd down, gave up a turn-over when we we had a drive going trying to answer one of their scores, can't convert on 4th down to keep a drive going and gave up a big play on special teams.  However, that stop after giving up the punt return and forcing a field goal was huge.  If they go in to score a TD, it could have easily turned into a rout.  They had all the momentum.  The D held and the we essentially controlled the game after that.  If we hit on a couple of key plays, it could have gone our way.  We need better/more consistent play from our QBs (I don't care which one) and receivers.  Someone needs to step up to be the playmaker on offense (hopefully multiple someones).  

Did you watch the replay of this year's game, or one from five years ago, it can be hard to tell sometimes, seeing as how these are the same issues we've been seeing for 6 years now. 

• Eye Roll 2