Some daylight... I'm sure this won't be popular, but I stand by it.

CaribbeanGreen

The is a different team with Aune in. He may miss throws badly at times but he has grit and the other players seem to give more effort when he is behind center. When Ruder is in, everyone just looks defeated, like they really don’t give a shit if we win or lose.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Look I want to believe in a mean green as much as anybody but before we get too excited about tonight please remember their quarterback did not play

Neither did our starting RB and two starting WR’s. We were also missing a backup RB and a couple other WR’s. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

We lost probably our best RB in Adaway for the season. Shorter and Bush aren't playing, and our WRs are a giant strugglebus.

But I'll say this. There was ZERO quit tonight. The boys fought like hell. 17-0 from mid 2nd on. Of course there are problems, of course we have to stop coming out flat... but this is a team picked to finish next to last in the conference, a two score dog on the road, and we fought like hell to have a chance to win on the last possession. It won't be popular. I get minusing me. Hell, I might do it myself. But i still believe in this staff and these players. We're young as hell. And we are full of fight. #GMG

Bush played one game for the mean green. I wouldn’t chalk him as a “big loss”. We don’t even know how good he is or would be yet 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

The is a different team with Aune in. He may miss throws badly at times but he has grit and the other players seem to give more effort when he is behind center. When Ruder is in, everyone just looks defeated, like they really don’t give a shit if we win or lose.

That’s like saying I’m a different track athlete when I only trip over half of the hurdles.   

Aune has grit, and fire, and moxy, and a lunch pail…just not decent quarterbacking ability.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

That’s like saying I’m a different track athlete when I only trip over half of the hurdles.   

Aune has grit, and fire, and moxy, and a lunch pail…just not decent quarterbacking ability.  

Fair enough, but you still run a faster time hitting only half the hurdles and buddy we need a faster time.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

We're young as hell.

It's the year 2038...

Wren Baker has given Seth Littrell his 15th extension after a rousing 5 win season in 2037...

We proceed to win 4 games in 2038 after losing to teams like P5 blue blood Liberty University...

Apologists like @CaribbeanGreen continue to encourage us to look forward to next season as Seth Littrell pulls away from Apogee in his chauffeured Maybach courtesy of Park Place as he counts his $60m in payroll he's made since his first season at UNT...

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE SUCKERS!!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

14 hours ago, Udomann said:

Strugglebus… I’m stealing that. But agreed, team did not come prepared but did not quit. I’ll watch that any Saturday (with lots to drink)

The difference this week in the team not quitting, believe it or not, was Littrell himself.

He was a Head Coach tonight. He didn’t wonder off down the sideline far away from the team, totally disengaged. He stood there amongst them in battle. He showed emotion for the first time in a very long time. He was a leader tonight.

Too bad he didn’t embrace the opportunity and blessings bestowed upon him 6 years ago. 

If so, we’d be a powerhouse not only in G-5 but also among many P-5. 

We’d be a major target in the conference realignment talk and Littrell would be a highly sought after Head Coach for a P-5 position. Why? Because he would have done it the old fashion way.....he would have earned it  

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 2

I was encouraged in the second half, and actually leaped when we cut it to 7 with time to play.

Fair balance: Defense played well in the second half, against an offense that was averaging in the high 30’s through 3 games. Against their 2nd and 3rd (Frosh) string QBs.

Fair balance: Offense made it to “watchable” when Aune came in. Against a defense that is giving up a bit more than 40 before last night.

GMG

• Upvote 2