All y'all Aune doubters

peanuts104

6 hours ago, denton_days said:

& how much time he spent recovering from injury’s 

Really?  Discounting all the coaching in high school he receive and development camps 4 star prospect QBs go to?  I am not saying he doesn’t need more coaching but come on if the dude was all that talented we would see glimpses of it by now.  He is a backup at the FBS level at best that why he was going to be buried on the bench as 3rd string in NC.  Maybe Andrew McNutly has some eligibility left so we can fix him.  

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Really?  Discounting all the coaching in high school he receive and development camps 4 star prospect QBs go to?  I am not saying he doesn’t need more coaching but come on if the dude was all that talented we would see glimpses of it by now.  He is a backup at the FBS level at best that why he was going to be buried on the bench as 3rd string in NC.  Maybe Andrew McNutly has some eligibility left so we can fix him.  

I don’t think it’s so black and white. Ruder probably isn’t the all-world QB his ratings led people to believe, but lack of snaps has probably hurt/delayed his development.

I think UNC had an NFL QB ahead of him.

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

I don’t think it’s so black and white. Ruder probably isn’t the all-world QB his ratings led people to believe, but lack of snaps has probably hurt/delayed his development.

I think UNC had an NFL QB ahead of him.

According to what I read in NT Daily he was going to be 3rd string if he stayed.  He made true Freshman mistakes when he got snaps in games here.  That opening interception traveled less than 10 yards in the air directly to the defender like he was our receiver.  That is high school level stuff.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

According to what I read in NT Daily he was going to be 3rd string if he stayed.  He made true Freshman mistakes when he got snaps in games here.  That opening interception traveled less than 10 yards in the air directly to the defender like he was our receiver.  That is high school level stuff.

The NT Daily wording:

Ruder’s time in Chapel Hill could be viewed as underwhelming by most. He redshirted his first season, playing in just one game for the Tar Heels before suffering from a broken collarbone. The following year he appeared in just two games before dealing with another season-ending injury — a broken leg.

Ruder returned healthy for the Tar Heels last March, but by that point, North Carolina already had his replacements.

He was named the third-string quarterback entering last season, where he sat behind starter Sam Howell and backup Jacolby Criswell. Although he tried to embrace his role as a leader, the redshirt sophomore ultimately decided to enter the transfer portal on Dec. 21, 2020.

You don't think injuries played a part in their decision?

I didn't get to see the last game, so I'll defer to you.  But dumb, freshman-level shit happens at every level.  Even with polished NFL QBs.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, greenminer said:

The NT Daily wording:

You don't think injuries played a part in their decision?

I didn't get to see the last game, so I'll defer to you.  But dumb, freshman-level shit happens at every level.  Even with polished NFL QBs.

Making him 3rd string is more than just injuries.  Now if he is second string I would factor that in.   I think most coaches always go with the best talent that has firm grasp of how to run the offense for the second string QB position.   Worrying about a backup's injury resilience  is over thinking it for no reason.    No coach in the country that has been running a decent program is going to be worried about losing their job because 2nd string QB went down after the 1st string had a season ending injury.    I just haven't seen anything from him that would warrant running him out there again in games that can get your team to a bowl game.   I think he could be a solid back up.  But the chances of him being a difference maker starting FBS QB are slim this far into to his career playing the way I have seen him play so far. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Legite FBS level QB isn’t on this roster. These are all backups. 

Missing out on recruiting Griffin (ucla) and Lewis (colorado) back to back years will Always ve the final nail in Seth's coffin to me. We needed one of those two badly. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

Missing out on recruiting Griffin (ucla) and Lewis (colorado) back to back years will Always ve the final nail in Seth's coffin to me. We needed one of those two badly. 

Lewis dad wanted him to play for UNT, the decision was made at  midnight before signing day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Lewis dad wanted him to play for UNT, the decision was made at  midnight before signing day. 

We're probably having a different conversation right now if he came here... I think Chase Griffin would have been more important though because he's older. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2021 at 11:47 PM, Mike Jackson said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

On 9/25/2021 at 8:41 PM, Udomann said:

Hey, we all choose our hills to die on.

Mine is that star trek voyager was better than TNG. I'll take any of you on over that.

But our QB problem isn't so black and white. OL is poor. Receivers drop more balls than magic mike. 

There's 99 things to fix on this team. We are starting to see how much we miss our WR corps

Deep Space 9 was the best series.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Legite FBS level QB isn’t on this roster. These are all backups. 

Even QBs need coaches and our best effort is...Blake Joseph? A completely unknown quantity that came out of High School coaching. Compare that to Graham Harrell in the ear of Mason Fine. Coaching is a mess right now, and it all stops at the top. Littrell cannot get his coaches on a cohesive page. QBs throwing to blank areas of the field when WRs cut their routes off early? That isn't just miscommunication at the field level, that's a miscommunication at the coaching level.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MAX KOCH said:

Kason Martin

I want to give Martin a shot. Ruder and Aune haven't shown much, though I will firmly stand that Aune is much better than Ruder, even if he's not that great. Some QBs are gameday QBs and Martin strikes me as one. We have weapons, just gotta get everyone on the same page and a lot of that is mental and Martin is a coach's son. At this point in the season, considering we are likely going to be 1-4 after this weekend, we're going to need a miracle to get this offense firing on all cylinders. 

We still have to play Marshall, Liberty, and FIU after probably losing it Missouri this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...