All y'all Aune doubters

peanuts104

Just now, untbowler said:

Aune is not the future, but neither is Ruder

Ruder needs work. I think the way SL has handled the QB’s has been disastrous at best. Probably should have had Aune start the year considering Ruder had only been in town a short time. Let Ruder learn the system and establish a rhythm with the WR’s in practice. The way this was handled probably hurt Aune’s confidence and has now hurt Ruder’s as well. From what I have witnessed, I would give Martin a look as well as Drummond, but we have to remember that Drummond is from a tiny school in OK and making that jump is tough. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Ruder needs work. I think the way SL has handled the QB’s has been disastrous at best. Probably should have had Aune start the year considering Ruder had only been in town a short time. Let Ruder learn the system and establish a rhythm with the WR’s in practice. The way this was handled probably hurt Aune’s confidence and has now hurt Ruder’s as well. From what I have witnessed, I would give Martin a look as well as Drummond, but we have to remember that Drummond is from a tiny school in OK and making that jump is tough. 

Martin can not do any worse than what has been put out the past 3 weeks, just give him a chance

• Upvote 6
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

It's not just the QB.   It is the QB and WR's together that have been awful.    Aune's legs kept this game close, not his passing.

Also, where is the track speed from Ruder ?   Aune looks much faster and more mobile than Ruder.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

8 hours ago, Udomann said:

Hey, we all choose our hills to die on.

Mine is that star trek voyager was better than TNG. I'll take any of you on over that.

But our QB problem isn't so black and white. OL is poor. Receivers drop more balls than magic mike. 

There's 99 things to fix on this team. We are starting to see how much we miss our WR corps

Your saying captain Janeway was superior to Captain Pickard?!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, ScreamingEaglesFan said:

Your saying captain Janeway was superior to Captain Pickard?!

Well this one at least should be obvious. Only one had the team management skills to allow a decade long trip from the outer edges of another sector of the galaxy to come home without the crew members going completely bonkers. Obvious.

Edited by outoftown
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Well this one at least should be obvious. Only one had the team managemnt skills to allow a decade long trip from the outer edges of anaother sector of the galaxy to come home without the crew memebers going completely bonkers. Obivous.

I guarantee Janeway couldn’t have survived being assimilated by the Borg!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I would encourage Ruder to take the Riley Dodge path and be a receiver/emergency quarterback unless he just flat out can’t catch. Maybe mention that we have 3 receivers in the NFL that were here in the last 5 years. If he isn’t interested have him run scout team along with Gilmore or help him get back in the portal.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, ScreamingEaglesFan said:

I guarantee Janeway couldn’t have survived being assimilated by the Borg!

Dude... you can't mention this here. The Borg are essentially transfer (sorry gotta use the technical term here ) Quitter central. All the folks they have came from somewhere else. Surviving being assimilated by them is essentially saying its good to be a transfer quitter. Talking about transfer quitters will get people all reiled up here.

Edited by outoftown

Here’s what I’ll say on the QB situation.

Aune and Ruder both are just not very good. It looks like Ruder lost a huge amount of confidence after the SMU game because he is extremely hesitant and kinda scared looking. 
Aune on the other hand, seems like he is a tad better but looks way worse than last year. Lacks awareness in many situations (like not going out of bounds at the end of the game) and doesn’t change his target when passing, something that good teams see and adjust to. 
Now, the receivers had a rough day and there aren’t a whole lot of them that have experience. I mean Simpson is the only guy that has more than 3 games of experience, but there shouldn’t be that many drops. 

Kason Martin, who has a good deep ball I guess, clearly doesn’t have a playing role on the team. It seems he is there for fun.

Bryce is not ready. I think Bryce is the future of UNT football, but he’s young and I mean he really shouldn’t be an option. Ruder and Aune SHOULD be better because of prior experience and talent that was developed, but that’s clearly not happening.

On that, development is lacking really badly. Hooray, we have the #1 recruiting class! But not much progression has been made for quite a few guys.

• Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

If we are being honest with ourselves why would North Carolina let Ruder go if he were that great?  Same with why did Chad Morris let Aune leave Arkansas?  Why were we the only D1 team to offer Cason?  

Did not Aune leave Ark to try to play major league baseball?  Ruder left NC because he wasn't likely to get any playing time because of better players ahead of him.  In any rate, NT got two ex-P5 good program players.  

NT saw something in Martin, that they signed him.   Apparently, he has no yet demonstrated the skill necessary to get playing time.   You may not have any faith in Littrell and staff, but do really think they would keep a promising QB on the bench right now.  

NT is certainly not going to be auditioning QB in a close game like La Tech.  UAB maybe because it would not have mattered.  

Ruder with his play thus far has made Aune look great in comparison.   Aune should be the undoubted starter, but Ruder has got to be a lot better than he has shown.  Ruder to me, looks like he is just mentally not ready; hopefully he will be soon. 

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Did not Aune leave Ark to try to play major league baseball?  Ruder left NC because he wasn't likely to get any playing time because of better players ahead of him.  In any rate, NT got two ex-P5 good program players.  

NT saw something in Martin, that they signed him.   Apparently, he has no yet demonstrated the skill necessary to get playing time.   You may not have any faith in Littrell and staff, but do really think they would keep a promising QB on the bench right now.  

NT is certainly not going to be auditioning QB in a close game like La Tech.  UAB maybe because it would not have mattered.  

Ruder with his play thus far has made Aune look great in comparison.   Aune should be the undoubted starter, but Ruder has got to be a lot better than he has shown.  Ruder to me, looks like he is just mentally not ready; hopefully he will be soon. 

Aune was TCU commit when he went to play baseball. He did a spring ball with Arkansas prior to joining us after his baseball career had already wrapped up.

• Upvote 1