Razorbacks and Mean Green Since September 2018

Mean Green Matt

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Is it? They go from getting their butts kicked by us to the top 10. And we go from kicking their butts to probably not being able to beat Tarleton. 

Let’s not act like Arkansas has been improving since we beat them. They’ve been hot garbage until this year. If anything Arkansas is showing us how fast you can improve with the right coaching hire. 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Let’s not act like Arkansas has been improving since we beat them. They’ve been hot garbage until this year. If anything Arkansas is showing us how fast you can improve with the right coaching hire. 

And aggressively using the transfer portal.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

They definitely took a step in the right direction in 2020. 

• Upvote 2

I wonder if his offensive coordinator had anything to do with it. You know the one with the last name we aren’t suppose to speak?  I don’t see many Razorback picket signs in the stands. It all started because Lane Kiffin gave him a shot at FAU despite the risk and last name. Looks like it has paid off for several teams now. We could take a similar risk but we won’t. 

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

I wonder if his offensive coordinator had anything to do with it. You know the one with the last name we aren’t suppose to speak?  I don’t see many Razorback picket signs in the stands. It all started because Lane Kiffin gave him a shot at FAU despite the risk and last name. Looks like it has paid off for several teams now. We could take a similar risk but we won’t. 

Arkansas likes football…they are in the SEC. They aren’t getting caught up in what Kendall Briles did at Baylor. 

We aren’t Arkansas…

10 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Arkansas likes football…they are in the SEC. They aren’t getting caught up in what Kendall Briles did at Baylor. 

We aren’t Arkansas…

Then maybe we should resign ourselves to who we are instead of throwing money around when we aren’t really serious about winning football games. We can be a basketball school like UTA.

Also, FAU, UH, and FSU weren’t all that concerned and none of them play in the SEC but seem to “like football”.

Edited by Cr1028

53 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Then maybe we should resign ourselves to who we are instead of throwing money around when we aren’t really serious about winning football games. We can be a basketball school like UTA.

Also, FAU, UH, and FSU weren’t all that concerned and none of them play in the SEC but seem to “like football”.

You know who we are…it’s why it makes you so upset 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Kendall isn’t as much of a problem.  It’s Dad that would be the issue.

Also, I’m not so sure I wouldn’t take a closer look at the coordinator on the other side of the ball in Fayetteville… a guy who’s already close with Wren Baker.

18 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Kendall isn’t as much of a problem.  It’s Dad that would be the issue.

Also, I’m not so sure I wouldn’t take a closer look at the coordinator on the other side of the ball in Fayetteville… a guy who’s already close with Wren Baker.

The same Kendal whose notoriously asked a recruit if he liked white women? Kendal probably had way more hands on involvement in the social lives of players than his father ever did. The difference is his father was the one certain powers that be wanted to bury.

22 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

The same Kendal whose notoriously asked a recruit if he liked white women? Kendal probably had way more hands on involvement in the social lives of players than his father ever did. The difference is his father was the one certain powers that be wanted to bury.

Yes.  That’s the one.   Kinda sleazy recruiting tactics, and maybe he did know more than he says, but he wasn’t the HC, so the buck didn’t stop with him.   The PR would probably be rough for a bit, but I think NT could get over that with him.   We couldnt with Art.

• Skeptical Eagle 1