***OFFICIAL UNT vs. La.Tech Game Thread****

Coach Andy Mac

4 hours ago, 19GMG said:

That last pass was another drop. The receivers can’t make contested catches. Other than that I don’t know what you’re talking about. Put the bottle down. 

Oh please, it was a terrible pass. He is in Year Four here and can’t even get over 100 yards in three quarters. Many under thrown balls or put behind the WR. He puts too much behind others. All around bad for a 45 year old out there. He plays young. He plays dumb. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Okay so he played better than a quarterback who completely sucked. We lost. Quit accepting failure as a North Texas Fan

I hate to break it to you, but what we accept doesn't mean much unless you got a few million for a buyout.

Frankly, I am tired of this constant bashing of Littrell during game day.  It serves no purpose, and takes away from a very strong effort by the Green.  Littrell is not going anywhere until season end and that will depend on the rest of the season.  

NT outplayed LaTech by far in the second half. talk about the damn game instead of meaningless rants about the coaching during the game. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 7

22 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I hate to break it to you, but what we accept doesn't mean much unless you got a few million for a buyout.

Frankly, I am tired of this constant bashing of Littrell during game day.  It serves no purpose, and takes away from a very strong effort by the Green.  Littrell is not going anywhere until season end and that will depend on the rest of the season.  

NT outplayed LaTech by far in the second half. talk about the damn game instead of meaningless rants about the coaching during the game. 

It’s an online message board. You really need to lower your expectations. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

That would be great, however the discussion was about the second half.

It was?  The original comment was about getting blown out from the start and then coming back.   Guess I misunderstood, but either way, I prefer to not get blown out at any time. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

It was?  The original comment was about getting blown out from the start and then coming back.   Guess I misunderstood, but either way, I prefer to not get blown out at any time. 

From above

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3

For a stadium that is mostly a dump unless you're in the tower skyboxes or endzone club section, Joe had a MUCH better vibe than Apogee.  Better replay, better music, better videography on the jumbotron.  Just another kick in the nuts for the evening.  Too bad they didn't have Bulldog Village up and going.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Travis said:

Oh please, it was a terrible pass. He is in year four here and can’t even get over 100 yards in three quarters. Many under thrown balls or put behind the WR. He puts too much behind others. All around bad for a 45 year old out there. He plays young. He plays dumb. 

It was not a terrible pass!

• Eye Roll 2

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

My HSO’s:

1.  In an attempt to hold onto Bloesch, Littrell gave him the OC title as well as his duties as OL Coach. The result, the OL has suffered and our play calling is not good. 

2.  Our WR’s have not been developed since Filani left. Darden was self motivated and an incredible talent. 

3.  We need a true QB Coach. Ruder looks the part physically, but he panics and his mechanics are poor. He came from a small school in Kansas and probably got by on athletic ability. He needs to be developed by a competent QB Coach. Not sure about Joseph, but the early returns are not promising. Ruder should have gotten to campus earlier as well. I feel like we have rushed him Into thr starting position. 

4. There is a lack of creativity in our play calling.  Too predictable in our run game and we try to go for the home run ball too much. 

Didn't expect that I would agree with all of your opinions here but 100% spot-on.

9 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Okay so he played better than a quarterback who completely sucked. We lost. Quit accepting failure as a North Texas Fan

Yes and we also need to look at the big picture in this conference.  Upstart and restart programs shortly before and after SL took this job have surpassed this team.   SL started with more resources than many of his CUSA peers and they are out coaching him.  Without Mason Fine SL would have been gone.  And it not like SL out recruited ten P5 schools for Mason like he was a 4 star QB with NFL starter potential and size.  La Tech played this game with 2 backups at QB switching series.   And if La Tech scores a TD from the 2 yard line this comeback doesn’t look so good.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

It was my understanding that they would be there. I wonder what happened?

My original comment was meant to be a joke, of course, and I do not know what games the GB was originally scheduled to attend.  My guess is that none of the spirit organizations are traveling due to the increased risk of Covid. Other posters mentioned that the cheerleaders and dance team were not in Ruston either.

20 hours ago, letsgiveacheer said:

My original comment was meant to be a joke, of course, and I do not know what games the GB was originally scheduled to attend.  My guess is that none of the spirit organizations are traveling due to the increased risk of Covid. Other posters mentioned that the cheerleaders and dance team were not in Ruston either.

I have now been advised that the bus company that was contracted with to take the band to Ruston cancelled 48 hours prior to the game because of driver shortages. Other bus companies that were subsequently contacted were not able to provide buses because of driver shortages. I am assuming that the cheerleaders and dance team did not show up for the same reason.  

This pandemic is becoming more and more annoying.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1