***OFFICIAL UNT vs. La.Tech Game Thread****

Coach Andy Mac

My HSO’s:

1.  In an attempt to hold onto Bloesch, Littrell gave him the OC title as well as his duties as OL Coach. The result, the OL has suffered and our play calling is not good.   Bloesch needs to focus on the OL.

2.  Our WR’s have not been developed since Filani left. Darden was self motivated and an incredible talent. 

3.  We need a true QB Coach. Ruder looks the part physically, but he panics and his mechanics are poor. He came from a small school in Kansas and probably got by on athletic ability. He needs to be developed by a competent QB Coach. Not sure about Joseph, but the early returns are not promising. Ruder should have gotten to campus earlier as well. I feel like we have rushed him Into thr starting position. 

4. There is a lack of creativity in our play calling.  Too predictable in our run game and we try to go for the home run ball too much.  Is this Bloesch, see above, or SL's offense?  It is time to open up the playbook and "Let It Fly".

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

I believe they said he was banged up at the beginning of the game

I want to see Keith Jackson. I would also like to see Caleb Johnson. We need playmakers on the field and kids that show effort. Simpson should have caught that deep ball, but there didn’t appear to be much “want to” on his part. 

• Downvote 1

Our WRs (not injured) get no real separation and can’t make difficult catches (and sometimes easy ones)

I appreciate the fight the team is showing.    But damn, They could be back in this ball game is not for critical drops.

Edited by akriesman