He wins games. Yes, it's risky, but regardless of his history, he should coach here.

WanderingEagle

I know we're all trying to figure out the best way forward with our football team's HC but I don't know why we're ignoring Nick Saban as an option. Depending on who you ask, he's one of the more promising coaches in the country and I think we should consider him. Even though his plucky Alabama squad looks beatable I think we should give him a shot.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

Today, Arkansas.... the team we stomped just a few short years ago will beat Texas A&M. Just like they beat Texas two weeks ago. And, a major reason why they are undefeated will be standing on the sideline....

Kendal-Briles-FB-2021-9017-1x1-1.jpg

Innovative play calling. Texas high school ties. Understanding of the transfer portal. Won at every stop.

Kendall Briles is ready to be our next head coach.

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

With what we’re paying Littrell, we’re a top job in G5!

This Saban guy could be a top-paid G5 coach with access to the best recruiting grounds in America if he came to Denton.  I bet he’d jump at the opportunity.  He’s won almost everywhere he’s been.  I’m a little concerned about that Miami stop though.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Innovative play calling. Texas high school ties. Understanding of the transfer portal. Won at every stop.

Kendall Briles is ready to be our next head coach.

I am not sold that hiring an offensive coach for our head coach is the path to success here.  Offensive coach and offensive player talent is at an all time high in Football at every level.  Find a head coach who can coach defense and recruit that side of the ball effectively and you can find sufficient offensive coaching and player talent much easier.  A part of the reason our offense sucks now is that they aren’t facing Solid FBS level defense in practice.

Also with the last name Briles I am not sure he could recruit to North Texas.  SMU, TCU, Rice or Houston maybe