Did anyone go to Rudy's tonight?

southsideguy

2 hours ago, greenjoe said:

I did.  A very small group.  They talked about the weather, deep snappers, punting, and National Equipment Managers Week.  

We need to get a week better, look in the mirror, it’s on the coaches, Skip Holt’s does and incredible job…

We need to be more than just 1 week better this time. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, greenjoe said:

I did.  A very small group.  They talked about the weather, deep snappers, punting, and National Equipment Managers Week.  

We need to get a week better, look in the mirror, it’s on the coaches, Skip Holt’s does and incredible job…

4 or 5 years ago might have been the appropriate time to say this. But 6 YEARS IN?..............

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, greenjoe said:

We need to hire Skip Holtz.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

As for Skip Holtz....I thought I read something about the La Tech academic calendar and how it differs from most...and that gives La Tech some sort of advantage recruiting or compliance wise?

Did I remember that correctly? Or am I drunk...

LOL, Well Hopefully your not drunk this early on a week day 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

As for Skip Holtz....I thought I read something about the La Tech academic calendar and how it differs from most...and that gives La Tech some sort of advantage recruiting or compliance wise?

Did I remember that correctly? Or am I drunk...

They are on the quarter system, not the semester.  Not sure how that creates an advantage.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Felozano said:

I listened to the show today. SL said, “We’re very close.”  Or something similar to that phrase when he was referring to the team/offense. What exactly does he mean?  40-6, man. What am I missing?

I’m not being smart…I don’t quite understand what he sees, I guess.  

It's all relative. Close to what, exactly?

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Felozano said:

I listened to the show today. SL said, “We’re very close.”  Or something similar to that phrase when he was referring to the team/offense. What exactly does he mean?  40-6, man. What am I missing?

I’m not being smart…I don’t quite understand what he sees, I guess.  

Updated transcript shows he actually said -  “We’re very close to running off our fan base.” Mumbled the last part

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Updated transcript shows he actually said -  “We’re very close to running off our fan base.” Mumbled the last part

Lol, that makes more sense. 

But he's 1 game under .500... With the history of the UNT athletic department they might be requesting statue designs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Lol, that makes more sense. 

But he's 1 game under .500... With the history of the UNT athletic department they might be requesting statue designs. 

What I worry is that we get ran off the field the next 4 games, and then we hit a streak in the 4 games (Rice/SM/UTEP/FIU) and the powers-that-be use this as a sign he has turned thing around.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

What I worry is that we get ran off the field the next 4 games, and then we hit a streak in the 4 games (Rice/SM/UTEP/FIU) and the powers-that-be use this as a sign he has turned thing around.

I mean, tbh, if he salvages this season into a 6-6 year and a bowl WIN I'd give him another year. He just has to stop getting pounded vs the competitive teams on our schedule. I'm not sure I'd even mix in the stop getting pounding into a +1 year scenario for him at this point. Go 6-6 and win your bowl and that rates another year with still a warm to semi-hot seat going into 2022. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

12 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I can’t remember the last time UNT football won a game in Florida. It’s been a hot minute 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

This is exactly what we said would happen when the schedule initially came out, like clockwork we all said that we’d have a tough couple of games at the start, then win out the rest of our games. I think I saw everyone on this board predicting that. I’m not going to stress about losses to 2 top 60 teams (based on multiple polls) with a somewhat young team under a brand new QB and a brand new DC. 

• Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 5