September 29, 2018

NTSU52

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Look how full that stadium was. 🤦🏼‍♂️😭

”It will take more than winning” or “people only show up for big time opponents”

NOT TRUE

The Arkansas win propelled a LOT of hype for that team, but yeah their other 3 wins were a not good SMU team, Incarnate Word, and Liberty. And Arkansas was beyond terrible that year. So yeah, it really does not take a ton.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

The Arkansas win propelled a LOT of hype for that team, but yeah their other 3 wins were a not good SMU team, Incarnate Word, and Liberty. And Arkansas was beyond terrible that year. So yeah, it really does not take a ton.

I agree and also disagree. It does take a lot. We were coming off a 9-win year and a conf championship game loss. We were 4-0 including a win over a “power” team with the most publicized play in NT history. It was a perfect storm. And naturally, we blew it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I agree and also disagree. It does take a lot. We were coming off a 9-win year and a conf championship game loss. We were 4-0 including a win over a “power” team with the most publicized play in NT history. It was a perfect storm. And naturally, we blew it. 

I remember that year in the UAB game that we got physically whipped in the second half, that told me that this dream season was not even gonna involve a division championship, much less anything higher. Then, K-State comes calling after the regular season and it looks like SL is gone for sure, until he decides he wants more autonomy in hiring his own staff, and we look as unprepared for that NM Bowl game against Utah State as we have for basically every FBS game since then.

UAB and La Tech…both have made CUSA West theirs. And we are now so far down the mountain again that freaking UTSA has blown by us again. 

This is exactly why I posted about enjoying those 9-win seasons in 17 and 18. They don’t come around very often and it’s the high point of what this program apparently can achieve, since we have exactly 4 seasons since Fry left after 1978 where we have won that many games. It is what it is…

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

This is exactly why I posted about enjoying those 9-win seasons in 17 and 18. They don’t come around very often and it’s the high point of what this program apparently can achieve, since we have exactly 4 seasons since Fry left after 1978 where we have won that many games. It is what it is…

If we hire the right guy.....that all changes.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

Close. The downhill spiral started when Jaelon Darden fielded and fumbled a punt inside our own 10 yard line which La. Tech turned into point right at the end of the 1st half.

I think Torrey fumbled in the first half that let La Tech score, I’m pretty sure.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I think Torrey fumbled in the first half that let La Tech score, I’m pretty sure.

• 4th & 11 at UNT 35

(0:57 - 2nd) Davan Dyer punt for 27 yds , Jaelon Darden returns for a loss of 3 yards to the NoTex 5 Jaelon Darden fumbled, recovered by LaTch Alex Zayed

https://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay/_/gameId/401015004

• Sad 1

Just now, Mean Green 93-98 said:
  • 4th & 11 at UNT 35

(0:57 - 2nd) Davan Dyer punt for 27 yds , Jaelon Darden returns for a loss of 3 yards to the NoTex 5 Jaelon Darden fumbled, recovered by LaTch Alex Zayed

https://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay/_/gameId/401015004

Torrey fumbled on the next possession I believe

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Torrey fumbled on the next possession I believe

I think that was on a carry--or maybe a catch--not a return.

EDIT: I looked it up, it was on a catch.  Torrey's fumble came before Darden's, and LaTech was not able to convert Torrey's into points.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Look how full that stadium was. 🤦🏼‍♂️😭

”It will take more than winning” or “people only show up for big time opponents”

NOT TRUE

It was full the entire game. Can’t say I’ve seen a crowd like it in my life that stayed the full game, including students.

A lot of TShirt fans and students never came back…

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

It was full the entire game. Can’t say I’ve seen a crowd like it in my life that stayed the full game, including students.

A lot of TShirt fans and students never came back…

the majority of our fans are "Tshirt" fans or bandwagoners. Unfortunately we just don't have many diehards.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Could have/should have been one of the great days in UNT football history.  Instead, it’s the beginning of the end of the SL era.

The best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced at Apogee, yet the longest walk to my car after it was over.  

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 2