❇️Twas‘ A Mean Green Dream Come True: A New Yrs Day Bowl In the Cotton Bowl & A Record-Breaking No. of MG Fans!

PlummMeanGreen

January 1, 2014<*>11:00 AM at the    
Cotton Bowl Stadium

The Mountain West Conference UNLV Rebels vs the Mean Green of UNT.

It was a full sunshiny day.  Many fans on both sides would get sunburned faces. The North Texas Mean Green were  ready for their bowl game—TEXAS STYLE! 

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

January 1, 2014<*>11:00 AM at the    
Cotton Bowl Stadium

The Mountain West Conference UNLV Rebels vs the Mean Green of UNT.

It was a full sunshiny day.  Many fans on both sides would get sunburned faces. The North Texas Mean Green were  ready for their bowl game—TEXAS STYLE! 

🦅

That game is probably the highest point that the program has ever reached, at least since Fry left…

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

That game is probably the highest point that the program has ever reached, at least since Fry left…

The UNT crowd that New Years Day in the Cotton Bowl was the largest gathering of Mean Green fans many of us had seen in all the years prior to that bowl game up to present day.
Sure I drink too much green koolade, but now (today) we have the largest contingency of MG fans (& potential MG fans) I swear are ready to bust out to duplicate such Apogee crowds as we drew in very recent years vs SMU, LaTech & Houston.  We just have to.......W-I-N !

I listen to WBAP (DFW) most early weekday mornings & TCU football broadcaster Brian Estridge who saw that 1-1-2014 bowl game said he was very impressed with the Mean Green following on that day. 

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Eye Roll 1

27 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

The UNT crowd that New Years Day in the Cotton Bowl was the largest gathering of Mean Green fans many of us had seen in all the years prior to that bowl game up to present day.
Sure I drink too much green koolade, but now (today) we have the largest contingency of MG fans (& potential MG fans) I swear are ready to bust out to duplicate such Apogee crowds as we drew in very recent years vs SMU, LaTech & Houston.  We just have to.......W-I-N !

I listen to WBAP (DFW) most early weekday mornings & TCU football broadcaster Brian Estridge who saw that 1-1-2014 bowl game said he was very impressed with the Mean Green following on that day. 

🦅

I was there that day but UNLV was a crap opponent. One side almost 40,000 to the other side with about 200. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2

5 hours ago, Big Z said:

I was there that day but UNLV was a crap opponent. One side almost 40,000 to the other side with about 200. 

Yet again, in true North Texas fashion, normally the opponent in the HoD bowl for CUSA was the B1G opponent. But I’m 2013, Penn State was on probation. Therefore, the B1G only had 9 bowl eligible teams, instead of 10. Because of this, we got UNLV, who was really not that great. As a matter of fact, every opponent we have ever had In a bowl since 2001 has been better than them by a lot. And that’s too bad, because that 2013 team would just bludgeon you to death at the LOS. Basically, we looked a lot like what the current version of UAB or LT do at OL and DL. And we had Brelan, who could break off a huge play at any time. If good Derek Thompson showed up, we usually won. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to ❇️Twas‘ A Mean Green Dream Come True: A New Years Day Bowl Game In the Cotton Bowl!
  • PlummMeanGreen changed the title to ❇️Twas‘ A Mean Green Dream Come True: A New Yrs Day Bowl In the Cotton Bowl & A Record-Breaking No. of MG Fans!