Take Off The Green Glasses…

Hookset

9 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

lNUh0uV.gif

Too many times we've heard the same BS stories about these guys from the likes of @GOMeanGO  (I tried to tell you man) telling us how amazing these new guys are, and the 45 reasons why they couldn't get on the field at their previous schools, but that we're lucky to have them.

Heck, we even have transfer dudes here who DID play at their previous stops (Thornton & Francis) that can't get on the field here!

Who is to blame?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Who is to blame?

For failing at the transfer game?   I dunno.  That’s supposed to be Walerius’ domain.  Does he get to skate because he puts together top ranked C-USA classes?  Or can he be called to the mat as well?

Ultimately, it’s the coaches’ responsibility to assess & recruit these guys.

There is no good reason to wait until the end of the season to fire SL.  Maybe pulling the trigger after UAB would be a little rushed.  But if they don’t come close to covering the 12.5 - 14 point spread (I presume this number at least goes to 14 if not 16 by Friday) you have to fire him an promote the new DC to interim head coach with consideration to make him permanent.   What we see now in year 6 is totally unacceptable.  

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

There is no good reason to wait until the end of the season to fire SL.  Maybe pulling the trigger after UAB would be a little rushed.  But if they don’t come close to covering the 12.5 - 14 point spread (I presume this number at least goes to 14 if not 16 by Friday) you have to fire him an promote the new DC to interim head coach with consideration to make him permanent.   What we see now in year 6 is totally unacceptable.  

SL won’t get fired until the Point that 4 wins is impossible to reach. It certainly won’t be against these 6 teams we are in the middle of playing that are way above us right now. LT, Mizzou, Liberty, and Marshall are not gonna be games we will compete much in, either. SL will avoid the gallows by how we do, sadly, against teams we can compete with now: Rice, UTEP, USM, and FIU. UTSA might be the true ender for all of it, as we aren’t anywhere near being as good as they are and they may be looking at that game as the one to win the division, while also winning their Super Bowl. If I were SL, that last game could very easily be the last game I ever coach at UNT and it could be very, very ugly as we get a team that wants to murder us in front of a few thousand fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

SL won’t get fired until the Point that 4 wins is impossible to reach. It certainly won’t be against these 6 teams we are in the middle of playing that are way above us right now. LT, Mizzou, Liberty, and Marshall are not gonna be games we will compete much in, either. SL will avoid the gallows by how we do, sadly, against teams we can compete with now: Rice, UTEP, USM, and FIU. UTSA might be the true ender for all of it, as we aren’t anywhere near being as good as they are and they may be looking at that game as the one to win the division, while also winning their Super Bowl. If I were SL, that last game could very easily be the last game I ever coach at UNT and it could be very, very ugly as we get a team that wants to murder us in front of a few thousand fans.

FROM THE FAR SIDE...   
(& WELCOME FALL, NOT OUR FALL, BUT—HELLSBELLS! YOU KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT HERE)...but go ahead, give me the yellow “confused” look” emoticon anyway. 

How could anything get so ugly?  Do we need to steal La Tech’s future recruiting lists?  UA”freakin”B’s, too?  Should we also take a 2 year sabbatical from football, shut it down, get NCAA approval to top load with transfers during those 2 years, *re-open football, go on a CUSA win streak, add 15,000 more seats to Apogee (to be larger than UAB’s new half city/county owned cookie-cutter erector set stadium) & then announce to the world——Hey!  We’re now ready for the SEC or ACC? (Just watch UAB’s next move, folks). 

*CUSA should have told UAB to take a hike after they shut down football, but just look at CUSA’s weak leadership (starting at the top)? Anywhere but CUSA for our favorite school, please. (But JimBob, we’re not winning now. No, but SMU was on a 10 seasons under .500 streak & a Death Penalty when they got invited to CUSA. Forget already)?😎
Meanwhile, SMU will sell their souls to the underworld & do just about anything to get in Big 12–soft-core version.  Stang’ville knows their program will eventually be un-sellable without that affiliation. (Am I not wrong about that, Gerald T)?

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! 

A deafening chant that needs to be loud and often enough to not be ignored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

I agree with this and was my point at the start of this thread. We are playing for the second half of the season. 
Then decisions will be made. 
Then we can start complaining about should of fired, could have hired…

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, MAX KOCH said:

Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! 

A deafening chant that needs to be loud and often enough to not be ignored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He couldn’t do any worse than what we’ve seen so far🦅🏈