So it Monday and we are back to square one with no changes

southsideguy

On 9/20/2021 at 2:47 PM, Udomann said:

Honestly, the best position that I can see for us is to wait a few more games before letting SL go. And I say this as one of the long standing anti-mumbles crowd.

Why? The way his buyout is structured. He has (apparently) a requirement to pursue other positions. The best chance he has to get one is later in the season, not now. Letting him go now has him knocking around the market for a while, doing nothing since no one is really hiring good OC's at the moment.

Come November when teams start canning staff, we want him to be at the top of the market. MAYBE his stock improves by then. It can't get worse, so we get the benefit of that improvement in both our win/loss and and his marketability. If he lays more stinkers, well, we are already sitting in a closet of them, learn to embrace the stink.

The only gain from canning him now is we show we are serious about our staff. The gain from waiting is it vastly improves our financial future due to his hideous contract costs. No one is salivating over Seth right now. But just maybe something can change in the next 2 months to make folks squint really...REALLLLY hard and see something salvageable.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I learned early on in life that statements like I  put in bold seem to attract forces that seek to prove you wrong.

It can almost always get worse. Don’t tempt fate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I learned early on in life that statements like I  put in bold seem to attract forces that seek to prove you wrong.

It can almost always get worse. Don’t tempt fate.

When we lose to a FCS spare on Homecoming by 60 points, then that will be worse...I doubt anyone will ever duplicate that achievement ever again. An entire program of players completely quit on the university that gives them a scholarship and a chance to play college football--doing that on said university's Homecoming seems  extremely unlikely.

The worst loss in modern college football history will mark the point of being the low point and that we won't go below that point. I'm willing to tempt fate in claiming this one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1