So it Monday and we are back to square one with no changes

southsideguy

3 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Agreed, I guess there is not a reason to show up to the games and buy season tickets.    Why waste my money and time.  Sure my wife will agree.

Well there is always hope that Littrell can right the ship but I have my doubts.  I just have a hard time quitting this program after the investment of time and money.

• Upvote 5

After watching SL on the sidelines Saturday I have totally given up on him.   I think he has given up on him. I wish he man up and resign and not take a buy out.  He is not good at his job.  Out offense was not even close to being bad, it was awful.   How many times can you keep running it up the middle with no results.  Granted when we ran to the sides a few times it was for a loss as well.  

We never adjust at halftime,  first play of the second half run up the middle.  The guy in front of me looked at that and said I am out of here and left.  Season ticket holder.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Well there is always hope that Littrell can right the ship but I have my doubts.  I just have a hard time quitting this program after the investment of time and money.

Like most here, we will not be quitting the program, but it is time to step back and re-evaluate. We need to do something different. Tired of hear about the mythical "sleeping giant". Something different needs to be done.

• Upvote 4

After cooling off from the rage of being subjected to the dumpster fire we saw on the field Saturday, I realized that we are probably stuck with Littrell until at least the end of the season. Feel like I read somewhere that his buyout/money owed if he is fired drops significantly the day the season ends. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Like most here, we will not be quitting the program, but it is time to step back and re-evaluate. We need to do something different. Tired of hear about the mythical "sleeping giant". Something different needs to be done.

Heard that a million tImes….

Maybe Coach G Mac can give out some advice about winning? Seth should have meeting with him about overcoming adversity. 

Where is the outrage from Wren? 

Where is the outrage from Smastresk? 

I know these guys privately feel it (I hope??) 

They need to send smoke signals to the UNT community that they *and we* don't accept that sad excuse for planning and preparation. It just isn't acceptable on so many levels. 

• Skeptical Eagle 1

38 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I'm starting to believe that you're a TFLF sock...just last week you said you were quitting your fandom. Now, you come back to say its too hard to quit.

TFLF is the only troll on gmg.com that could pull off that kind of goal post moving in such a short time...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Stan R said:

Where is the outrage from Wren? 

Where is the outrage from Smastresk? 

I know these guys privately feel it (I hope??) 

They need to send smoke signals to the UNT community that they *and we* don't accept that sad excuse for planning and preparation. It just isn't acceptable on so many levels. 

If they are doing their jobs correct this is something we should not see publicly. They need to take care of the business at hand, but not in the media 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

4 hours ago, southsideguy said:

After watching SL on the sidelines Saturday I have totally given up on him.

Have you watched him any of the previous seasons?

I watched him too, and to be honest he acted the same way he always has. For pretty much the whole time that I can remember, he basically just bases with his head down shaking his head when something goes wrong, and that's the same thing he did Saturday.

Now I'm not saying that's right, I've hated it since he got here and started doing it, but I'm saying it's nothing new.

• Upvote 3

I would be surprised if anything happens before the end of the season. Mac was fired mid-season, but that was also a wildly humiliating loss to an FCS team and we were 0-5 at that point.

This was a very lopsided loss to the team a lot of people expect to win CUSA East. Also keep in mind that Seth probably has the tiniest bit more leash this year since last year was not standard. Not justifying anything, just saying it's not the same situation as 2015.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 3

Honestly, the best position that I can see for us is to wait a few more games before letting SL go. And I say this as one of the long standing anti-mumbles crowd.

Why? The way his buyout is structured. He has (apparently) a requirement to pursue other positions. The best chance he has to get one is later in the season, not now. Letting him go now has him knocking around the market for a while, doing nothing since no one is really hiring good OC's at the moment.

Come November when teams start canning staff, we want him to be at the top of the market. MAYBE his stock improves by then. It can't get worse, so we get the benefit of that improvement in both our win/loss and and his marketability. If he lays more stinkers, well, we are already sitting in a closet of them, learn to embrace the stink.

The only gain from canning him now is we show we are serious about our staff. The gain from waiting is it vastly improves our financial future due to his hideous contract costs. No one is salivating over Seth right now. But just maybe something can change in the next 2 months to make folks squint really...REALLLLY hard and see something salvageable.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Honestly, the best position that I can see for us is to wait a few more games before letting SL go. And I say this as one of the long standing anti-mumbles crowd.

Why? The way his buyout is structured. He has (apparently) a requirement to pursue other positions. The best chance he has to get one is later in the season, not now. Letting him go now has him knocking around the market for a while, doing nothing since no one is really hiring good OC's at the moment.

Come November when teams start canning staff, we want him to be at the top of the market. MAYBE his stock improves by then. It can't get worse, so we get the benefit of that improvement in both our win/loss and and his marketability. If he lays more stinkers, well, we are already sitting in a closet of them, learn to embrace the stink.

The only gain from canning him now is we show we are serious about our staff. The gain from waiting is it vastly improves our financial future due to his hideous contract costs. No one is salivating over Seth right now. But just maybe something can change in the next 2 months to make folks squint really...REALLLLY hard and see something salvageable.

I think Littrell would be lucky to get an Offensive Quality Control position with the way our offense has looked recently but then remember Bodie Reeder somehow managing to get an OC position at Utah State despite the dumpster fire he turned an offensive juggernaut into and realize someone, somewhere will still look to take Littrell in for some kind of OC position. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Can someone go over the athletic center and get the UAB tape and burn it so no future employers of SL can see it.  Thank You.

• Upvote 1

Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! Kason Martin! 

A deafening chant that needs to be loud and often enough to not be ignored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Have you watched him any of the previous seasons?

I watched him too, and to be honest he acted the same way he always has. For pretty much the whole time that I can remember, he basically just bases with his head down shaking his head when something goes wrong, and that's the same thing he did Saturday.

Now I'm not saying that's right, I've hated it since he got here and started doing it, but I'm saying it's nothing new.

I was watching on television and could tell he was livid with the stupid mistakes. As a father, I can somewhat relate. There are times you teach your kids to do things a certain way over and over and then they just do something that makes no sense and it can be maddening.

I really don't understand why anyone would think Littrell is going to get fired in game 3 of the season.

NT could not have looked much worse, however it is very likely that UAB is the best team in the conference.  

It is also likely that NT is going to going to get beat in the next four games.  NT is likely to be 2 or 3 td dogs in every game. 

Chances of Baker firing LIttrell during the season is almost zero.    

The only thing that would accomplish is some kind of message, that overall would not be positive.  It would make some fans happy, but would not help the team and would not be viewed positively by the coaching community. 

I doubt but hope NT finishes strong, that would probably save Littrell and give the next year's team something to build on. 

I do think that Baker will fire Littrell after the season, if the above does not happen.   Finances will be problematic, but Baker will find a way.