National Coaches Hot Seat Official Poll 2021

Tom McKrackin

7 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Would we take a Brohm, Norvell or a Neal Brown if they were let go? What about Charlie Strong. All coaches that have had great success just not at their last school.

Yes.  Look at what they did at G5 schools… schools like us.  

You gotta be careful in the interview process & make sure they still have a fire to win & didn’t get beat down too hard at their previous stops though.

• Upvote 1

Surprised to see Mike Leach at 13.  What delusions of grandeur, the 2nd fiddle to Ole Miss upset that sling-it Leach was going to make them relevant?  Leach’s system works great until conference rivals put better athletes in their secondaries.  G5 and Big 12 they either can’t get enough or refuse to make better athletes change positions.  SL should be much higher than #18, definitely top 10 in my mind compared to others on this list. I want Scott Frost if he becomes available.  Not sure of Charlie Strong's recruiting strength.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Surprised to see Mike Leach at 13.  What delusions of grandeur, the 2nd fiddle to Ole Miss upset that sling-it Leach was going to make them relevant?  Leach’s system works great until conference rivals put better athletes in their secondaries.  G5 and Big 12 they either can’t get enough or refuse to make better athletes change positions.  SL should be much higher than #18, definitely top 10 in my mind compared to others on this list. I want Scott Frost if he becomes available.  Not sure of Charlie Strong's recruiting strength.

While I'd prefer Frost, both are probably pipedreams. I'd take either over the current head coach.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I don't think anyone thought Mahlzan was a pipe dream going from an OC at Auburn to a HC near his hometown.   That's usually the next progression in a coach's career.   Hence, why UNT hired Seth Littrell!

Agree. My point is would we look at a P5 coach that has been fired? Mahlzan to UCF and Dykes to SMU would be examples.

21 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Agree. My point is would we look at a P5 coach that has been fired? Mahlzan to UCF and Dykes to SMU would be examples.

Oh absolutely, specifically if they've had prior success at a G5 school, and maybe just bit off more than they could chew at the P5 they were fired from (like Norvell).

• Upvote 1

We all know he will not be fired this year.  We can hope he sees the writing on the wall and applies for P-5 OC position somewhere and gets it and resigns.   We can't afford to fire him and no one above him seems to care of what is taking place on the field.  So I will suck it up buttercup and see who is the coach is in two years.  It will be a long two years.  I think PB  2 year contract should have been the first clue.

I say I will stop complaining now but I won't lol.....Now get off my grass!

• 3 weeks later...

People said it couldn't be done, but Seth got us into the Top Ten by the first week of October.

https://coacheshotseat.com/

And Last Week's ESPN Bottom Ten Waiting list: #MACtion East (plus Baller State), Kansas Nayhawks, Warshington State, Ill-ugh-noise, Muddled Tennessee State, Ar-can't-saw State, The Yew, FI(not A)U, Old Duh-minions, Minute Rice, Southern Missed, North Texas Armadillos, Colora-duh State, Georgia State Not Southern, COVID-19.

Maybe we can get that this week as well.. It's been a long time.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, untbowler said:

I would take Neal Brown in a heartbeat if he became available and we have the opening.

I dunno why they have Brohm so high on this list, but I'd be interested in him as well. 
Remember what he did at WKU a few years ago?    Same with Frost at UCF, & Norvell at Memphis.

But yeah, Brown and that NASCAR offense would be amazing with Texas talent.

IMO, Matt Wells is not high enough.  He's a brilliant mind, but I wouldn't be interested in him as I think he's burning recruiting bridges in Texas.