Need to recruit winners.

Coach_1976

8 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Like him?

maxresdefault.jpg

Love his swagger, but I watched his state title game.  Pretty much threw up bombs to WR’s that outclassed the man covering them…he doesn’t have that here.  

I think we make WAY too much of the nano-snapshots if his play and his *cough* proper level of excitement on a sideline

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

35 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Love his swagger, but I watched his state title game.  Pretty much threw up bombs to WR’s that outclassed the man covering them…he doesn’t have that here.  

I think we make WAY too much of the nano-snapshots if his play and his *cough* proper level of excitement on a sideline

Oh I agree with you, I was just pointing out that we already have players that meet his criteria.

Todge took this approach and it didn't work out like you are thinking.  My takeaway from those years was, the athletes that came from ultra-winning traditions really struggled in the face of adversity.

Some of those said guys are used to winning by 40+ points and seriously don't know how to react when someone in college punches them in the face, or they look up and see the other team up by 7 points and nothing they're doing is working.

• Upvote 2

Go back about 15-20 years and look at all the outstanding players that have been here and profile them. Especially the walk-ons who became either all-conference or were the leaders-team captains etc. Was there a common psychological characteristic about them? Why were they passed up by other schools only to come here and blossom into outstanding players.  The Andy Brewsters-Chris Hurds-Casey Fitzgeralds, etc, etc.