North Texas at LA Tech Line

Professor Lambeau

To my surprised, the line has moved down to -12. I am seriously considering betting LaTech now, expecting that by the midweek the sharks will have actually watched that NT UAB game, crunched the numbers and bet it up , so I can then bet NT +16 or so at the end of the week and have push insureance and make money if it actually falls in between without any risk. If they do not bet it up, i will probably feel comfortable just holding on to LaTech -12

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, outoftown said:

To my surprised, the line has moved down to -12. I am seriously considering betting LaTech now, expecting that by the midweek the sharks will have actually watched that NT UAB game, crunched the numbers and bet it up , so I can then bet NT +16 or so at the end of the week and have push insureance and make money if it actually falls in between without any risk. If they do not bet it up, i will probably feel comfortable just holding on to LaTech -12

Sounds like a plan. Bet heavy, win big money, then donate your winnings to UNT Athletics to help buy out the the Littrell contract.  It’s a win win!  Good luck.

• Upvote 1

The Stadium announcers kept saying that UAB came in angry/mad after getting clobber-stomped by Georgia the week before.  I was thinking great, now LaTech will be that way after their loss to SMU and then they said the same thing.  Is it possible that we show up at LaTech angry/mad with something to prove?  Will the team dig deep and show us their character and what they are made of?  As bad as the UAB game was, this one will show us more about what this team is made of than what happened Saturday night.  I hope this doesn't turn into the "us against the world (and fans) bunker mentality" that we've lived through before. 

BTW, I kinda felt sorry for the announcers during the game as they were really struggling to come up with things to say.  That was a hard game to call. 

• Upvote 3

At the beginning of the year, one of the reasons I had us at 4-8 was that we can't handle physical play, especially at the line of scrimmage. La Tech has just owned us for these few years, jus as UAB has, because they have the talent, coaching, and mindset to physically pound you. Of course, too many on here said this year would be different and that we were ready to jump up because of Phil Bennett being here. PB cannot make our team more physically minded or gifted. His coaching takes time to work, just like anyone else's does--it doesn't just start working from Day One. These 6 games after playing FCS spare in your home opener were always going to be brutal--the FCS spare tells you nothing about your team actually being bale to compete against FBS schools and this gauntlet is easily the toughest stretch a UNT team has faced since SL became coach here.