Worse Coached UNT Game I Have Ever Seen!!!

Cooke County Kid

4 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I just watched the play.  He was definitely short of the sticks when he lost his helmet.

Maybe you are saying he should have challenged the spot anyway, but he would have lost the challenge.

Thanks for posting that 93-98!   Hey, even the color guy thought it was a 1st!
Yes.   Challenge the heck out of it!    Looked like he had it at least on the 41 instead of the 40.  Then Torrey's 1-yard dive would have possibly got the 1st.    Instead, 4th & 2, and it felt rushed.

Then, there's this gold nugget:
TBZIkbO.png

I kinda get the feeling he had this look for a lot of the game.
florin.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

You missed some doozies then under Teflon Todd and Cryin’ McCarney…

Under Dodge, in his first two years, we usually got absolutely annihilated. Didn't matter who we played, except for WKU...

After that, if we were playing a G5 school, usually we just lost close games because of stupid mistakes or errors in coaching.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Under Dodge, in his first two years, we usually got absolutely annihilated. Didn't matter who we played, except for WKU...

After that, if we were playing a G5 school, usually we just lost close games because of stupid mistakes or errors in coaching.

Dodge just couldn't win... but he could've taught a master's level course in blowing a close game...

• Upvote 2

On 9/19/2021 at 2:31 PM, Cooke County Kid said:

I brought 4 friends to last night"s game, none of them UNT grads.  I was hoping they would see a good game and want to come back.  What a cruel joke, that was the worse game I believe I have ever seen UNT/NTSU ever play and I have been to lots of them.  From the git go, it was almost laughable.  I don't know if you know it or not but we played against UAB's second team most of the night.   Our offensive scoring is offensive, 18 points in two games, really.  You are down by 24 and we run the ball up the middle over and over again, to no avail but we don't stop.  When the quarterbacks threw the ball none of the passes were on target, pitiful.  

I have been a supporter of SL since the beginning, he has to go and go now.  The only thing waiting will do is make us look weaker and weaker.  We will be lucky if we stay in C-USA, I am not wealthy but I will give money to help buy out SL's contract!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!!!!

It was a pitiful performance on the part of NT, I doubt anyone is going to argue that.    However, as far as coaching goes, I am not sure how you come up with that conclusion. 

On a broad basis: recruiting, game plan, execution; about everything but the weather can be contributed to coaching. 

However, to me; your statement seems to be aimed at the play calling.  That was not that different from any other Littrell game.    It was not the play calls but the execution that lost this game.  When you can't run or pass, other than punting on first down, there are not many options. 

The game was lost because at this point, UAB is the far superior team.  Any combination of plays, formations or personnel by NT were not going to offset that. 

Edited by GrandGreen