I trust Wren Baker.

WanderingEagle

As been said before, SL was not Wren’s hire.  Yet Wren cried at a press conference when he thought we’d lost SL to the Big 12 KSU Wildcats.  Remember how 99.9% of our fan base all but cried with him?  I was one of them.😢
We’re programmed to expect every negative thing that happens to us up there.  
When we do have a positive, some on this board all but apologize for it or say “an asteroid will soon hit us after all this positive stuff settles down.”  It’s almost enough to make you laugh (or cry).  We are one helluva’ peculiar fan base. 

87106057-B8E8-41B6-905D-1AF57CC03FC7.jpeg.d9183d45480182d536567e80b91f2d84.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

Whatever happens I trust he’ll make the right decision.

The fact that its 10am on Sunday morning, I'm drinking a hot cup of coffee and bailey's, and Seth Littrell is still our head coach means that Wren Baker has NOT made the right decision for this football program, the students who put their bodies on the line playing, and the fan/donor base.

• Upvote 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 8

4 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

The fact that its 10am on Sunday morning, I'm drinking a hot cup of coffee and bailey's, and Seth Littrell is still our head coach means that Wren Baker has NOT made the right decision for this football program, the students who put their bodies on the line playing, and the fan/donor base.

Who do you suggest interims for 9 games?

• Upvote 2

We do not have anyone on staff but I am not sure it would matter.  To say I am disappointed and still in shock would be an understatement.  That was a pitiful game, just pitiful.  I know UAB is good and they showed it but they are also classless, that long pass at the end of the game if that would not get folks fired up I do not know what will.  Lackadaisical walk through zombie game everyone looked like they were in a daze and a full beat off throughout the entire game. 

GO MEAN GREEN
WIN GAMES!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, NTEX91 said:

Let Phil Bennett have the last nine.  He has head coaching experience.

PB is doing Littrell a favor.   If Littrell gets fired, I assume PB may finish up this season and unless some other Baylor guy is hired as HC, he'll re-retire.   I'm fairly certain he has ZERO ambition to take on an interim HC job.

The guy I'd like to see take over, but is probably in the same boat as Bennett, is Mainord, who has been AHC for 3 years now.  The players like him, but he's very loyal to Littrell.   I think Mainord would at least be able to keep the same system in place, but might be able to circle the wagons and get the guys to fight.

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Unfortunately there is a big difference between Wren Baker reaching what he believes to be the right decision and Wren Baker having enough money to execute on it. 

Again, if Baker didn't have enough foresight to begin preparing funds for this very moment after last season's debacle, he's a part of the problem.   Being an AD requires contingency plans everywhere (like, he needs to have one ready in the unfortunate/unlikely event McCasland flames out too).   
He simply cannot cross his fingers & leave all his eggs in Littrell's basket after witnessing 2 straight 4-win seasons!  That's really dumb.   I don't think he's really dumb.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

PB is doing Littrell a favor.   If Littrell gets fired, I assume PB may finish up this season and unless some other Baylor guy is hired as HC, he'll re-retire.   I'm fairly certain he has ZERO ambition to take on an interim HC job.

The guy I'd like to see take over, but is probably in the same boat as Bennett, is Mainord, who has been AHC for 3 years now.  The players like him, but he's very loyal to Littrell.   I think Mainord would at least be able to keep the same system in place, but might be able to circle the wagons and get the guys to fight.

Again, if Baker didn't have enough foresight to begin preparing funds for this very moment after last season's debacle, he's a part of the problem.   Being an AD requires contingency plans everywhere (like, he needs to have one ready in the unfortunate/unlikely event McCasland flames out too).   
He simply cannot cross his fingers & leave all his eggs in Littrell's basket after witnessing 2 straight 4-win seasons!  That's really dumb.   I don't think he's really dumb.

I don’t disagree with you. But there’s really only one guy with enough cash to make that buyout happen. Maybe 2. I’ve said this a bunch of times in the last couple weeks, but we can’t even raise enough money to cover the cost of the scholarships for the players. A $4 million buyout or whatever it is is a big ask. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I don’t disagree with you. But there’s really only one guy with enough cash to make that buyout happen. Maybe 2. I’ve said this a bunch of times in the last couple weeks, but we can’t even raise enough money to cover the cost of the scholarships for the players. A $4 million buyout or whatever it is is a big ask. 

eyeroll not from me.
What gives me hope that Wren already has this lined up, is that he had enough foresight to restructure Littrell's deal to get out of a majority of what is owed in a buyout when he signs on as an OC somewhere.   Littrell's salary at his new job (and he'll definitely get one) will be subtracted from what he's owed.   That will make the buyout much easier for Baker to deal with.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

eyeroll not from me.
What gives me hope that Wren already has this lined up, is that he had enough foresight to restructure Littrell's deal to get out of a majority of what is owed in a buyout when he signs on as an OC somewhere.   Littrell's salary at his new job (and he'll definitely get one) will be subtracted from what he's owed.   That will make the buyout much easier for Baker to deal with.

That’s a good point. If it’s not a P5 coordinator position  though it won’t help THAT much. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2021 at 2:41 PM, Cooke County Kid said:

We do not have anyone on staff but I am not sure it would matter.  To say I am disappointed and still in shock would be an understatement.  That was a pitiful game, just pitiful.  I know UAB is good and they showed it but they are also classless, that long pass at the end of the game if that would not get folks fired up I do not know what will.  Lackadaisical walk through zombie game everyone looked like they were in a daze and a full beat off throughout the entire game. 

GO MEAN GREEN
WIN GAMES!!!

When I think of UAB I think of the first time I saw Gene Bartow bring his team out on the floor of the fabulous Super Pit many years ago. 
I also think of UAB as a generic school who think a “not on campus” cookie cutter/erector set football stadium (half owned by the city or county) is going to have the ACC or SEC begging for an affiliation.  

And a freakin’ dragon for a mascot?😆 Whats with that?🙄 Did someone in B’ham fall asleep watching “Dungeons & Dragons” to come up with that mascot idea for a school located in a Southern Bible Belt city for crissakes?   What knuckle-heads.🤪

Should we of UNT ask them what secret revelations they came up when they “quit” CUSA football for 2 years (when CUSA should have told them they would be replaced with Univ. of South Alabama or Troy U)?  
🤢 I’ve got relatives all over greater B’ham/Bessemer & have since the War Between the States (as Jimmy Carter called it) & during the Great Depression (not the present one) they most all were, uh, moon’shiners. I know, go ahead & laugh.  Sadly, I think Hee Haw came up with the idea for their southern-fried TV show—WITH MY OWN BAMA RELATIVES AS THEIR INSPIRATION!😢 (Not sure I’ll ever really get over that one). 🥺 

Hey UAB! What statue y’all going to put in front of your new cookie-cutter erector set?  Here’s who we have in front of our fabulous Apogee Stadium.  •••Take another 2 years off & come up with one to top the one below, Dragon’ites.
(Whew! I feel much better now).
AF7202B9-E0CB-4269-A894-633C5FFCAF77.jpeg.fa76caa725aef4ea068eb99614a9babd.jpeg.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

On 9/20/2021 at 9:34 AM, UNTLifer said:

Patrick Cobbs

I would have the remaining staff as follows:

DC: Bennett

OL/AHC: Bloesch

OC/WR/AHC: Mainord

Cobbs could still work with the RBs.

That would also mean, we have our 4th set of new coordinators in 2022. That’s insanely bad because the majority would’ve been labeled as fired…

• Upvote 3