They quit on Littrell tonight

Tom McKrackin

25 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

A number of the receivers dropped catchable balls. Enough to get him over 50%. Aune had fewer chances since Ruder played the second half.

I have a very specific criticism of Ruder. He's done it in all three games. When he rolls out of the pocket and gets chased back he back pedals 10 yards and makes a 15 yard throw a 25 yard throw. He did it multiple times this game, multiple times against SMU. Incidentally, this is where most of his picks come from. It was highlighted in the first offensive snap of the game. He rolled right, nowhere to go, threw it right to a UAB defender (no receiver even in the area).

I've heard Ruder described as a "film junkie" and all sorts of things. He can sling it when the conditions are perfect, both long and short, but it is football. Conditions are never perfect. He can have all the cerebral parts of the game mastered (he doesn't) and still fail if he can't navigate the pocket and throw to wide open receivers. I feel like the coaching staff has been trying to create mobile QBs out of natural passers. They aren't being taught how to ride it out in the pocket and instead are just being taught to roll out of it or run out of it. The QB coaching is garbage and our very talented passer room has regressed significantly. Almost like they were being taught by Quinn Shanbour. Oh wait.

Absolutely no denial that Ruder played like crap but to try and say that on his performance was better it's just piling onto the fact you don't like Ruder. The performance of this team tonight sucked. Neither QB played good enough to even be considered as having a bad game - they were both abysmal. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Threw for more yards, hit receivers in the hands that dropped passes, was more decisive (although not by much). They both sucked and I said as much. It is also clear this is a coaching issue.

Both QB's looked awful, but the depleted receiver corp didn't help or an OL that got consistently beat.

I watched the SMU and La Tech game; where both teams had very good to great QB performances from transfers.   I didn't see any glimpse of that ability from Ruder.

The real problem was that UAB is a much better football program than NT.   Added to that, they played motivated and too many of the Green players seemed beat after the first few series.  

NT at least according to the rankings, consistently outrecruits UAB.   That has to mean, that UAB is much better coached. 

• Upvote 3

What in the world happens to football coaches at North Texas after they’ve been here for 3 or 4 years ?  Its like they turn into aimless zombies waiting for someone to fire them.  And then they have the gall to act like they can’t be blamed.  Look at our dismal experience with every football HC we’ve had for just the last 20 years !

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Both QB's looked awful, but the depleted receiver corp didn't help or an OL that got consistently beat.

I watched the SMU and La Tech game; where both teams had very good to great QB performances from transfers.   I didn't see any glimpse of that ability from Ruder.

The real problem was that UAB is a much better football program than NT.   Added to that, they played motivated and too many of the Green players seemed beat after the first few series.  

NT at least according to the rankings, consistently outrecruits UAB.   That has to mean, that UAB is much better coached. 

This.  Aune vs Ruder is the wrong conversation.  Last night there was never anyone open and like GrandGreen is saying, the blocking didn’t allow for the qb to make it beyond his first read.

This was a total team failure on the offensive side of the ball.  The new OC got thoroughly outcoached.  Our players seemed to not have the belief they could win.

Edited by TIgreen01

10 hours ago, Matt said:

Hey I don't blame him, I practically quit too. There's a reason I just watched this on Stadium instead of paying to see it in person. There's no reason to support the crappy product being put on the field. 

I was at the game and didn't realize it was on Stadium.  When I got home and saw it recorded, I promptly hit the delete button.  At least the band uniforms looked good GMG

1 hour ago, TIgreen01 said:

This.  Aune vs Ruder is the wrong conversation.  Last night there was never anyone open and like GrandGreen is saying, the blocking didn’t allow for the qb to make it beyond his first read.

This was a total team failure on the offensive side of the ball.  The new OC got thoroughly outcoached.  Our players seemed to not have the belief they could win.

Obviously neither did our Head Coach. He distanced himself from the team the entire night, walking the sideline in the opposite direction from where the team was. Totally disconnected. 

Forgive the speculation....but is there something going on with Littrell? Personally?

He has seemed distant all season, doesn't seem to do any actual COACHING on the sideline. To someone's point, he distances himself from the team on the sideline. I keep asking "does he like coaching?"

It's almost like he doesn't want to be here or his mind is somewhere else.