They quit on Littrell tonight

Tom McKrackin

8 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I know this has been a tough night for the mean green family but we gotta call it like it is.

They sure looked that way to me. I think you are a 100% correct. I can't believe you received a downvote for that. 

Someone has decided not to face reality 

9 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Like you quit on us earlier this week? 

Hey I don't blame him, I practically quit too. There's a reason I just watched this on Stadium instead of paying to see it in person. There's no reason to support the crappy product being put on the field. 

• Upvote 4
  • RV 3

Upgraded conferences looking for new candidates:  "OK Guys, show me what you have today".

• North Texas At Home:  "Lets throw down one of the worst all-around performances in recent history".
  • UAB on the road:  "Hold my beer"

I will be back next week hoping for the best.  In the meantime, I am going to take a 1 week sabbatical from all things Mean Green.   This appears to be a turning point for our program and not in a good way.

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

He did better than Ruder, but not by a lot. It is a coaching issue for sure. That's part of why I wanted to see him on the field. To see if the offense behaved differently.

How do you get he played better? If anything's there was a case of who may have sucked less tonight but Austin was 8 of 21. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I knew we were doomed today when Herbstreet said on College Game Day this morning that anyone could beat UAB they way Georgia did last weekend.  

Since the reincarnation of their program you do not want to draw UAB the weekend after they're beaten by anyone much less a P5 team.  

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

How do you get he played better? If anything's there was a case of who may have sucked less tonight but Austin was 8 of 21. 

A number of the receivers dropped catchable balls. Enough to get him over 50%. Aune had fewer chances since Ruder played the second half.

I have a very specific criticism of Ruder. He's done it in all three games. When he rolls out of the pocket and gets chased back he back pedals 10 yards and makes a 15 yard throw a 25 yard throw. He did it multiple times this game, multiple times against SMU. Incidentally, this is where most of his picks come from. It was highlighted in the first offensive snap of the game. He rolled right, nowhere to go, threw it right to a UAB defender (no receiver even in the area).

I've heard Ruder described as a "film junkie" and all sorts of things. He can sling it when the conditions are perfect, both long and short, but it is football. Conditions are never perfect. He can have all the cerebral parts of the game mastered (he doesn't) and still fail if he can't navigate the pocket and throw to wide open receivers. I feel like the coaching staff has been trying to create mobile QBs out of natural passers. They aren't being taught how to ride it out in the pocket and instead are just being taught to roll out of it or run out of it. The QB coaching is garbage and our very talented passer room has regressed significantly. Almost like they were being taught by Quinn Shanbour. Oh wait.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Like I said in another post, the football gods hate North Texas. All this conference realignment mess going on with teams  jockeying for position and what’s happening with lil’ ol’ North Texas? A losing season of epic proportions in the works. 

Edited by Got5onIt

27 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

He did better than Ruder, but not by a lot. It is a coaching issue for sure. That's part of why I wanted to see him on the field. To see if the offense behaved differently.

Lmao what?!

Aune looked absolutely awful.

• Upvote 3