Update on expected recruit commitment announcement

El Paso Eagle

• El Paso Eagle changed the title to Update on expected recruit commitment announcement
1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

The team looking like dog shit will surely lose recruits, then firing Littrell will also lose recruits. Expecting a mass exodus

A mass exodus probably won't hurt this team.

I don't believe firing Littrell would have a negative effect on recruiting, ether with ones committed or being sought after. 

NT might lose a few, but odds are the new coach can find better players. 

• Upvote 5

40 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I don't believe firing Littrell would have a negative effect on recruiting, ether with ones committed or being sought after. 

What odds are you looking at? I'm looking at UNT history.

The entire reason I gave SL this extra year was because he has established recruiting like we have never seen in Denton.  I believe this is the year we were supposed to see these high recruits make a difference in our roster and on the scoreboard.

I loath the idea of recruiting regressing to pre-SL levels.  

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 7

9 hours ago, Rudy said:

It's time to hit reset. If players transfer or we lose recruits, we can go the transfer route ourselves. I think we've seen what a transfer heavy team can do the past couple if weeks. 

Whatever it takes. We can't keep losing like this.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Agreed. I can't believe I'm looking up to UTSA for anything but losing their "recruiting genius" coach in Harris certainly hasn't hurt them down the line at all.

The longer we wait, the more worried I get. Pull the trigger now. We have seen nothing over 6 years to make anyone think that Seth will magically fix what's is wrong. He is make the same mistakes as year 1. He has not grown as a coach. 

Plug the detonator into the C4, take cover, and flip the switch. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

So hire Sonny Dykes?!? 😆

Seriously, if there’s is a coaching change we better hire a silver-throated Elmer Gantry type of salesman.  ••• SMU would croak if we did that because they want our constituency to not be seen & for damn sure not be heard. That could get pretty loud. (Numbers matter). 

Elmer? We had one like that here before, but I fear there are too many “we are not worthy” types on this forum.  Losing seems to create that & we’ve all (to the person)  been conditioned to expect less.  

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen