Next Head Coach?

UNT Texas Hooligan

Just now, Cr1028 said:

I’m ready to sell our soul for some Ws. Give me Art Briles. Big risk, big reward. I’m tired of perpetually sucking.

If he isn’t interested, I know Colby Carthel would love to be here and I’d like having him.

Agreed. I just want a winning program tbh. People will hate it until the wins start racking up

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, All About UNT said:

Only at NT would someone suggest we hire an inexperienced FCS coach with a .500 record. Just like with people clamoring for Harrell.

We can do better. 

On the other hand, people who think a successful HC at another G5 is going to come here are equally ridiculous. Why would you risk your future as you are at the top of your game for a minor pay raise when you are more likely than not to fail here?

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Another HC that has done a good job with limited resources - Eric Morris at UIW

Is there a FBS program out there going by "UIW" that I'm not aware of?  Because if its the FCS school that is in San Antonio you might as well call up Todd Dodge who is retiring from Westlake HS after the 2021 season.

Think bigger...

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Is there a FBS program out there going by "UIW" that I'm not aware of?  Because if its the FCS school that is in San Antonio you might as well call up Todd Dodge who is retiring from Westlake HS after the 2021 season.

Think bigger...

His guys just beat tx state. Thats not a big accomplishment. But he’s definitely on the rise . I wouldn’t want him here though. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Wren ain’t hiring Art Briles. 

I would love it, but Wren is trying to climb the ladder and any AD that hires Art Briles just erases his own name as a candidate for too many future jobs.

But what if he said screw it? 

• Oh Boy! 1