College Football Is Being Played All Over America Today Except In—Denton, Texas.😣

PlummMeanGreen

9 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

It is what it is…after all of these years, we have more than proven that we are in the division of the conference we need to be in.

For whatever reason, we just cannot do it. Actually, there are lots of reasons why we don’t…

What?  Sack & salt the MG Village?🤣  

We’ve seen what a charismatic coach can do at a North Texas (then) located in a (rural) Denton County that had only 98,000 (now 900K+);  a city of Denton that only had 34,000 citizens (now 150K?);  & an NT that only had an enrollment of 16,000 students (& now 42K+). 
Like some of you I like Seth Littrell but it’s obvious (especially after tonight) that this is no longer working. Some of you saw this much earlier —I guess I was way too slow to have that light bulb come on. 😞 

😢 This is all just so disappointing because so many of us had high hopes with Seth Littrell; a likable kind of person although I never met the guy.  I stopped needing to meet coaches after Corky Nelson because I just kept getting disappointed.  Seems I made the right decision in doing that.  Where’s my Louisville slugger & an oak tree to take this out on?🤢

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

What?  Sack & salt the MG Village?🤣  

We’ve seen what a charismatic coach can do at a North Texas (then) located in a (rural) Denton County that had only 98,000; a city of Denton that only had 34,000 citizens & an NT that only had an enrollment of 16,000 students. 
Like some of you I like Seth Littrell but it’s obvious that this is no longer working. 

I’ll be completely honest with you. I’ve followed the program since 1990. I’ve never seen anything like what you’ve described…like nothing even close

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

It is what it is…after all of these years, we have more than proven that we are in the division of the conference we need to be in.

For whatever reason, we just cannot do it. Actually, there are lots of reasons why we don’t…

Ever the ray of sunshine. We can fix it and move on or, as it appears you are suggesting, give up. I’m not into giving up. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

I’ll be completely honest with you. I’ve followed the program since 1990. I’ve never seen anything like what you’ve described…like nothing even close

He is speaking of Fry's era. An anomaly in our long and mostly sad history.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Ever the ray of sunshine. We can fix it and move on or, as it appears you are suggesting, give up. I’m not into giving up. 

I’ve never suggested giving up…never even once.

What I have said all along—and have been proven completely right about—is that SL and this program being nowhere near being competitive for a season that so many homers on here have talked about us being. This program needs a restart, as you mentioned, but the reality is that it will always come down to two things here: money and want to. And none of us know what that will end up being in the end.

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

8 hours ago, letsgiveacheer said:

He is speaking of Fry's era. An anomaly in our long and mostly sad history.

When we had Fry, he was probably too much for Denton & for sure the venues we then didn’t have.  He (or one like him) would not be that at a 2021 version of UNT.  
👉🏻 How many in G5 can honestly beat our overall facilities inside the Mean Green Village & (still) the ageless Super Pit? •••That number would be on one hand—maybe just one finger. (No, not that one).🙀

Yet the feelings I got tonight are similar to the infamous Portland State game & that makes me ill for all concerned—Seth, his coaches, his players & we the fans.  Where’s the family dog!😨

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

22 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I’ve never suggested giving up…never even once.

What I have said all along—and have been proven completely right about—is that SL and this program being nowhere near being competitive for a season that so many homers on here have talked about us being. This program needs a restart, as you mentioned, but the reality is that it will always come down to two things here: money and want to. And none of us know what that will end up being in the end.

You said we are where we belong. That is acceptance or giving up at moving up.   Either way, you have your opinion and I have mine. 

• Lovely Take 1

25 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

You said we are where we belong. That is acceptance or giving up at moving up.   Either way, you have your opinion and I have mine. 

We belong here until we can prove otherwise. Look, I know you’re mad and upset. You bought into the idea we would be better because of the recruiting classes here. I don’t blame you for being disappointed. But you have to recognize that UAB and La Tech have physically whipped out ass for 5 years. Until that changes, we are where we belong. I’d call it recognizing the reality.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Took me awhile but for what we need to happen at UNT—we need a change even if by mid/season.  Give the interim job to Phil Bennett.

IMO, the momentum of this program started going south almost after SL turned down the Big 12 job. Things seemed to go into a funk after that.  His recruiting has been fine but this team has no inspiration.  

Hell!  Maybe we need to drop football 2 years & come back roaring like a Hillbilly Dragon!! 🤬

Worse?  The timing of the last 2 years could not have been worse in light of what’s happening in the NCAA. 

I told you I did not feel it and I thought it would be worse than the SMU game.

10 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

We belong here until we can prove otherwise. Look, I know you’re mad and upset. You bought into the idea we would be better because of the recruiting classes here. I don’t blame you for being disappointed. But you have to recognize that UAB and La Tech have physically whipped out ass for 5 years. Until that changes, we are where we belong. I’d call it recognizing the reality.

Post what you want but you don’t put words in my mouth to make your point. 

• Pissed 1

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to College Football Is Being Played All Over America Today Except In—Denton, Texas.😣
1 hour ago, meangreen11 said:

The timing could not be worse for realignment.  Hell we oughta sue Littrell for damages that we have suffered in realignment..

Posted above but.......🐎 ••• All should still be reminded that the year SMU first joined CUSA (2005) the 10 seasons prior to 2005 were all .500 & less In wins/losses for the Stangs.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

7 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

I told you I did not feel it and I thought it would be worse than the SMU game.

Yes, you (& others) most sointly’ did, Ollie.😳 😊

SUMG & I said we should have both listened to you & just tailgated for the next 5 hours. And thanks for all you do with the tailgating by the way.  

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen