Fire Him Tonight

All About UNT

4 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Why in the world would Littrell take a reduced buyout?  It maybe could be reworked to spread the dollars out, but that would probably take more dollars not less.  

Coaches have agents,, and they are not going to allow even a dejected coach from taking less money. 

I fully understand how agents work, I work with them all the time. When I say reduced buyout I'm talking about spreading the dollars out over multiple years. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, BigWillie said:

Graham Harrell as HC, Mason as OC

Did you see either the TCU-SMU and/or UTSA-Memphis game? In both cases the big difference between the winners and losers was that the winners lined up and ran the ball.....extensively....against the losing team. AND as I watched both games I thought  where's the beef? why it's at SMU and UTSA. They both have big play makers on their offense.....but none better than their respective OL's.  And their defenses are big and hard hitting.  

I'm thinking the next Matt Rhule for our next head coach. Or the second coming of Corkey Nelson. I am sick to death of smoke and mirrors,

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Did you see either the TCU-SMU and/or UTSA-Memphis game? In both cases the big difference between the winners and losers was that the winners lined up and ran the ball.....extensively....against the losing team. AND as I watched both games I thought  where's the beef? why it's at SMU and UTSA. They both have big play makers on their offense.....but none better than their respective OL's.  And their defenses are big and hard hitting.  

I'm thinking the next Matt Rhule for our next head coach. Or the second coming of Corkey Nelson. I am sick to death of smoke and mirrors,

Maybe we could get that MF'r from A&M to come back!

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Oh nice, so they didn't run it up the middle every play when it wasn't working? Maybe part, and I do mean part, was play calling. I actually think the play calling was better yesterday, but it needs to stay that way. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BigWillie said:

Oh nice, so they didn't run it up the middle every play when it wasn't working? Maybe part, and I do mean part, was play calling. I actually think the play calling was better yesterday, but it needs to stay that way. 

Thats the difference between Seth having a playsheet in his hands and someone else doing it. He needs to keep calling the plays for the rest of his employment here.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, BigWillie said:

In the SMU-TCU game, the Mustangs came out after the half and proceeded to go on a long drive that had NO passing. They just lined up and moved TCU out of the way. I don't know how many were up the middle, but their running was very good.  And that starts where?

Another example of what I'm talking about was the UTSA and Memphis game. UTSA has a very balanced offense and they have a very solid OL. They were even minus two starters in the line and they just brought the next guy up and proceeded to go with a very effective running game. They also did not panic when they were down by 21 early in the game. They kept going and finally prevailed 31-28. That's a very well coached team.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

In the SMU-TCU game, the Mustangs came out after the half and proceeded to go on a long drive that had NO passing. They just lined up and moved TCU out of the way. I don't know how many were up the middle, but their running was very good.  And that starts where?

Another example of what I'm talking about was the UTSA and Memphis game. UTSA has a very balanced offense and they have a very solid OL. They were even minus two starters in the line and they just brought the next guy up and proceeded to go with a very effective running game. They also did not panic when they were down by 21 early in the game. They kept going and finally prevailed 31-28. That's a very well coached team.

It's hard to admit it but the two teams we probably dislike the most have it going. Think Traylor will move on soon. Would not be surprised if Dykes stays for a while; not that he won't get offers, but he's got a good thing going. 

• Upvote 1

Georgia Southern just fired  Chad Lunsford after a 1&3 start.His losses were to FAU,Arkansas, and Louisiana.He was in his 4 th year with a SBC record of 17 & 14, overall record of 28 & 21. had gone to three straight bowl games , winning two of them. Either Georgia Southern has very high expectations or there is an unreported issue. FAU is a CUSA Eastern Division favorite along with Marshall , Arkansas is in top 10, and ULL was in top 25 before their loss at Texas.. On the other hand UNT is 1&3, projected to loose the next three games against Mizzo, Marshall and Liberty before hitting the "soft spots in our schedule, Rice, So. Miss , UTEP,and FIU. Surprisingly we have a decent chance to be 5&6 before hosting UTSA in our final game of the season in Denton. Does Seth keep his job with a 5 & 7 record? What if he upsets UTSA and finishes 6 & 6 , going to the Toilet Bowl? Inquiring minds with way too much time on their hands [hey, I am 78 and retired] want to know your opinion. Personally I think he keeps his job.

14 minutes ago, wardly said:

Georgia Southern just fired  Chad Lunsford after a 1&3 start.His losses were to FAU,Arkansas, and Louisiana.He was in his 4 th year with a SBC record of 17 & 14, overall record of 28 & 21. had gone to three straight bowl games , winning two of them. Either Georgia Southern has very high expectations or there is an unreported issue. FAU is a CUSA Eastern Division favorite along with Marshall , Arkansas is in top 10, and ULL was in top 25 before their loss at Texas.. On the other hand UNT is 1&3, projected to loose the next three games against Mizzo, Marshall and Liberty before hitting the "soft spots in our schedule, Rice, So. Miss , UTEP,and FIU. Surprisingly we have a decent chance to be 5&6 before hosting UTSA in our final game of the season in Denton. Does Seth keep his job with a 5 & 7 record? What if he upsets UTSA and finishes 6 & 6 , going to the Toilet Bowl? Inquiring minds with way too much time on their hands [hey, I am 78 and retired] want to know your opinion. Personally I think he keeps his job.

That's a tough one. Since they won 6 National FCS  Championships and three out of four bowl games, my inclination would be to say High Expectations. "Other issues" would have surfaced before his fourth year.

16 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It's hard to admit it but the two teams we probably dislike the most have it going. Think Traylor will move on soon. Would not be surprised if Dykes stays for a while; not that he won't get offers, but he's got a good thing going. 

At a school being left in the bottom half of the CFB power structure. He'll be moving on soon. Maybe Tech?

4 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

At a school being left in the bottom half of the CFB power structure. He'll be moving on soon. Maybe Tech?

For someone who has only been there two years and he has them undefeated at this point in the season and beating a B-10 team and later Memphis? And here we are, six seasons in, and talking about being lucky if we are 6-6 at the end of the year.

Yeah, he's gone.

And whoever made that decision at UTSA to hire Traylor needs to get a raise.