Fire Him Tonight

All About UNT

When I was driving home I listen to the end of the game on the radio and the post game interview with SL.

First during the end of the games the announcer were playing trivia games-kinda tells you how the game was going.

Second-SL interviewed just burn my ass.   He talked about getting punched in the mouth and how the team can lay down or knock someone else out next week.  Watching SL during the game and I did a lot last night he was knocked out early and laid on the mat the rest of the game.  The guy does not engage his team, he doesn't talk to his qb or anyone else coming off the field.   He walks up and down the sidelines looking down at the ground.  My opinion he has been knocked out and he is not getting back up.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Watching SL during the game and I did a lot last night he was knocked out early and laid on the mat the rest of the game.  The guy does not engage his team, he doesn't talk to his qb or anyone else coming off the field.   He walks up and down the sidelines looking down at the ground.  My opinion he has been knocked out and he is not getting back up.

I watched him closely last night, as well.  I saw the same thing and came to the same conclusion.  I’m not sure how he behaves during big wins, but I’m guessing it is the same.  It’s probably just his style, but it is something he needs to change.  Esp if he doesn’t get in players faces regularly.  It would be a big wake up call when he does.  

I was looking at all of the coaches, and nobody on the offensive staff did much either.  Defense was a different story.  They didn’t play well, but I thought the effort was there and at times they made plays.  Offense appeared to be a total give up…at least watching the sideline behavior of players and staff.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

10 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Its good to see that the Seth defenders are either turned or cowering to the point they will never publicly support him again.

The real question is, when will the majority of you realize Wren is as much of the problem with where our football program is as Seth is? Prove me wrong...

They both can walk as far as I'm concerned.  If you can't demand accountability from our flagship FBS Football program how can I depend on you to ask any of our programs for accountability?  Frankly if MBB wasn't winning the lot of you would already be asking for his head on a stake.

Wren is the only reason I have hope with the football program

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

Is it possible that Littrell might prefer just to be bought out at this point?  The longer he stays on this season, the more damage will be done to his coaching reputation. 

SCREW HIS COACHING REPUTATION. 

I’M MORE CONCERNED ABOUT OUR PROGRAM’S REPUTATION. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

SCREW HIS COACHING REPUTATION. 

I’M MORE CONCERNED ABOUT OUR PROGRAM’S REPUTATION. 

Hmm, which reputation is that?

1 hour ago, Greendylan said:

Is it possible that Littrell might prefer just to be bought out at this point?  The longer he stays on this season, the more damage will be done to his coaching reputation. 

That would be ideal. But if he wanted too much for the buyout, can Baker contractually assign him to any job within the athletic department? If the answer is yes, then the night of the LT game, (assuming that it goes how we all anticipate that it will go) if I were Baker I would meet with SL and tell him that he has been reassigned to the ticket office to answer the phone and do customer service calls. And if he refuses to show up to work, he will then be fired.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

That would be ideal. But if he wanted too much for the buyout, can Baker contractually assign him to any job within the athletic department? If the answer is yes, then the night of the LT game, (assuming that it goes how we all anticipate that it will go) if I were Baker I would meet with SL and tell him that he has been reassigned to the ticket office to answer the phone and do customer service calls. And if he refuses to show up to work, he will then be fired.

I like where your head's at.....however I'm going to assume his contract addresses that. And plus, I want to upgrade our coaching....doesn't mean I want to treat Littrell like garbage and humiliate him. He's about to be a guy that supposedly turned down a P5 offer and then crashed and burned and got fired. That's humiliating enough. I just want to move on...

3 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I like where your head's at.....however I'm going to assume his contract addresses that. And plus, I want to upgrade our coaching....doesn't mean I want to treat Littrell like garbage and humiliate him. He's about to be a guy that supposedly turned down a P5 offer and then crashed and burned and got fired. That's humiliating enough. I just want to move on...

It would be his choice. If he refuses to go away with a reasonable buy out, then he is choosing to be treated with less respect. But it would still be his choice.

1 minute ago, SilverEagle said:

It would be his choice. If he refuses to go away with a reasonable buy out, then he is choosing to be treated with less respect. But it would still be his choice.

I hear you....but if Wren Baker has to come back and ask Seth Littrell to do something he's not contractually obligated to do, then Wren Baker shouldn't have given him that contract. 

As for the buy out, I blame Wren Baker more than I blame Seth Littrell. And also...we have to think about other coaches we want to court..."he did WHAT to his last coach?"

Baker may have to nut up and fulfill the contract HE put forth.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greendylan said:

Exactly. This is not a good look for either party. My hope is a reduced buyout they both can agree on. 

25 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I hear you....but if Wren Baker has to come back and ask Seth Littrell to do something he's not contractually obligated to do, then Wren Baker shouldn't have given him that contract. 

As for the buy out, I blame Wren Baker more than I blame Seth Littrell. And also...we have to think about other coaches we want to court..."he did WHAT to his last coach?"

Baker may have to nut up and fulfill the contract HE put forth.

Well, then kick it up another level. Dr. S. can meet with Baker and say (if it's possible) "meet with SL and get a more reasonable buy-out or re-assign him to the ticket office answering calls. Otherwise I'm going to find someone who will, and YOU will be sitting right next to him answering those calls." 

And as to those potential other coaches that might have applied for the job. After hearing what happened, they might have much more respect for the administration at NT.  And THEY as well as the casual fan/alumni, might have more respect for how the administration runs things.

Besides, being sick to death of this program losing, I'm sick to death of the outside work regarding our administration as either rubes or wussys, when it comes to managing an athletic department.

Edited by SilverEagle

On 9/19/2021 at 12:08 PM, C Rod said:

Exactly. This is not a good look for either party. My hope is a reduced buyout they both can agree on. 

Why in the world would Littrell take a reduced buyout?  It maybe could be reworked to spread the dollars out, but that would probably take more dollars not less.  

Coaches have agents,, and they are not going to allow even a dejected coach from taking less money.