***Alabame Birmingham vs. UNT OFFICIAL Game thread***

DeepGreen

14 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

How can Littrell accept his paycheck with a straight face?  These contracts are ridiculous. Coach doesn’t perform, but a school is tied to that albatross because of money due. They all want incentives for accomplishments. Maybe they should give refunds for producing animal dung results. About as dumb of a system as tenure for university employees that coast in their later years. 

At what point does it become stealing? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Monkeypox said:

The defense is still awful, but in this game, we gave up scoring drives of 13, 48, 39, 61, 53, 86, and now 75. I think the first few drives really set a tone, and our coaching staff doesn't have the ability to change momentum. Once we are down, we are out.

Almost every single time 😭

Well at least he's saying it's the worst he's seen since he's been here. And "we" have to own it.  But still hot dog water that needs to get to the Uhaul office before they close tonight. Question: is WB going to make him own it? Answer: Nope. I wonder if we ever shook the country club feel of the old regime? Future decisions will tell that tale. 

• Upvote 2

I woke up at 530am to watch this online. I was back in bed before 6am. This was Portland St level of unprepared and dysfunctional. 

I am off the Ruder train (not on the Aune train either since he seems to have regressed - completing a third of your passes is ridiculous). 

I think these last two games might have sealed Littrell’s fate. Having a bad defense is almost expected for these air raid guys, but having a horrible offense is inexcusable!

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2

59 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

The defense is still awful, but in this game, we gave up scoring drives of 13, 48, 39, 61, 53, 86, and now 75. I think the first few drives really set a tone, and our coaching staff doesn't have the ability to change momentum. Once we are down, we are out.

Our offense and defense are working in perfect tandem to achieve maximum suckage

.Because Aune is also not good, Martin isn't even good enough to compete with those two, and our next best option is a True Freshman from a small school in Oklahoma, who we'd apparently be sending to his death behind our OL.

If you don't have a stud, who cares which guy is playing?

What ever happened to Gilmore?

• Upvote 2

I didn’t read through this whole thread because I didn’t feel like re-living all the nut kicks, but for me, the saddest part was that the fans were so beaten down by the awful play in front of them that they wouldn’t even stand up & cheer for the conference champion softball ladies, or even the Conference champion NT B-ball team that just won a flipping NCAA tournament game!  Both of those teams deserved better from us.

Wren Baker needs to make a move quickly if he wants to keep heat off himself.  If Littrell continues to coach this team, we’re going to roll into our nationally televised game at 1-4 with a team that has no faith in their HC, & NO ONE WILL SHOW UP!  It’s already a Friday night game, which will keep a lot of families with high schoolers from coming anyway.  Is this what he wants the MWC/AAC/the public to see??

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Just now, Monkeypox said:

Believe he's still here, but same story. If you are 4th on the depth chart to what we've seen the last 2 years...

I said this when he arrived: his coaches at Kentucky had so little confidence in him that they played a WR at quarterback instead of Gilmore when the first three QBs were injured. He was and is unlikely to ever play here. 

• Lovely Take 1