So we want AAC or Mountain West?

Jonnyeagle

41 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I am confused on which one is better?  I think AAC is what we have said we wanted for many months now but now it seems like the board is wanting Mountain West.  Can someone help explain which one is best for us right now as things stand?  If Houston is in Big 12 it makes the AAC less for me.

For me, it's the AAC for the ability to travel to away games and being in a better time zone for TV and press coverage. However, anything TV wise is better than what we have now.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, UNTexas said:

I like MWC teams way more but going west is a beating on the team. When we were in the Big West some of those trips were long and the time change hurt. We did get towels though. Lol

Didn’t the MWC allow TCU a few percs on the Mountain time aspects?

Best scenario would be for us to have 3 (maybe 4) other schools from CUSA go west.  If all this transpired, I cannot believe only 1 or 2 CUSA schools would be invited.  

Come on, Commish’ Thompson—pull the trigger—lets go! 🤠
WELCOME TO TEXAS! (I wish). 

🦅❇️🦅 GMG!  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

AAC. They apparently have some differences of opinion on direction of the conference. 

CSU would surprise me given the perceived lateral move by just about everyone. CSU really likes playing USU, BSU, and has a long rooted rivalry with Wyoming as Laramie and Ft. Collins are just 65 miles apart. But, they may be trying to appease their fan base after spending lots on their new stadium, only to remain in the same conference.