Tommy Bush Update?

Moobs

46 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Do we know how long he's expected to be out?  Thanks!

Is there some State or Federal Law, maybe Hipaa, that prohibits a UNT Head Coach from disclosing an injury status on injured players to the fans who follow and care about the team?   

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Is there some State or Federal Law, maybe Hipaa, that prohibits a UNT Head Coach from disclosing an injury status on injured players to the fans who follow and care about the team?   

HIPAA is only about healthcare providers disclosing personal health information. The HC is not a medical doctor, so we are good here. It is personal choice to not disclose. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

HIPAA is only about healthcare providers disclosing personal health information. The HC is not a medical doctor, so we are good here. It is personal choice to not disclose. 

And a wise one.  Fans should care more about their team maintaining every advantage possible rather than coddled expectations.  It doesn't give the team any competitive advantage to share injury information publicly for their opponents to see. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Sorry, I was being facetious. I thought singling our “UNT” Head Coach was the giveaway. 

you forgot the /s 

/s

edit: but on the real, so many people are throwing out "but muh hipaa" for all sorts of wild ass stuff lately, it is hard to read sarcasm when it is so obviously sarcasm.... because day to day has become so tedious with absurdity. GMG.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Yep, these closed and guarded practices have really made a big difference.

I don't get the entitlement.  As a fan, I want to see us win on Saturdays.  Sure it'd be fun to be able to go see a practice and comforting to know if Bush will be back soon, but I'll forego those comforts and entertainments to maintain what advantages are available to us on Saturdays.  Are we winning enough games?  No.  Does that mean opening practice and sharing injury info will improve that?  Definitely not. 

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Agree. Sad that our Head  Coach lacks the confidence and coaching skills necessary to win without using these amateurish tactics. 

I'd be interested to know what % of FBS schools have open practice (which is a different issue, btw than the original post).  My guess is it's not a very high percent.  These tactics are very common.  Even at the HS level, coaches will switch jersey numbers on kids in scrimmages, or even blank jerseys, and certainly conceal their practices.  This isn't a new thing.  What precedent was set for you guys in the past that open practice should be thing?  I only got to NT in 2005 so I'm not sure what practices before my time were like, but I know in my football experience this isn't uncommon at all. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, greenminer said:

He can use whatever tactics he wants if they are winning him games.

What SL is currently doing ain't working, and I don't believe injury information is the difference here.

I agree but at an extent. Unless it’s a season ending injury, I don’t think it should be said until near game day. Now practice wise, it should be open.

• Upvote 1