Uniforms vs. UAB

UNTLifer

I understand folks saying these are overused, but boy are they purdy.  I remember the ache in my chest longing for these and the worm and those days are finally here.  Won't take them for granted.  I do agree with the sentiment we need to work our regular stuff back in more often though. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Man the "NT" looks so much better than the SOW on the helmets. 

Yes, we really overuse these unis, but I dig them. My only complaint is the totally out of place black stripe on the pants. I wish the pant striping matched the sleeve stipes. But I know the black stripe is there because its historically accurate. 

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Man the "NT" looks so much better than the SOW on the helmets. 

Yes, we really overuse these unis, but I dig them. My only complaint is the totally out of place black stripe on the pants. I wish the pant striping matched the sleeve stipes. But I know the black stripe is there because its historically accurate. 

The black stripe looks better when we wear the old school black cleats with white shoelaces with this uniform.  Sometimes we wear other cleats with it but it looks best with black.  But yeah, your point is a fair one. 

OMG!  Another "next game" uniform discussion.  Can't we just worry about winning the game?  It's funny, we longed for the "stylized" Eagle on the helmets.   Chrome, green, white.  You name it, we had it.  Now we long for the '60's, 3rd grade NT helmets.  I give up.

season 13 GIF

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Personally, tired of the uniform of the week club. We need to stick with something and be consistent. No wonder most people have no clue to who we are. is this the 3rd different helmet scheme in 3 games?

I used to be in this boat. But there’s really only a few schools with iconic enough uniforms to where this matters. Why not just have fun with it?

Maybe my only branding complaint would be the incessant switching between logos from Different eras. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I used to be in this boat. But there’s really only a few schools with iconic enough uniforms to where this matters. Why not just have fun with it?

Maybe my only branding complaint would be the incessant switching between logos from Different eras. 

Agree. Pick a logo for the helmet and stay with it

• Upvote 2
  • Pissed 1

These unis have run their course if you ask me.  Sorry, there’s no good way to interlock an N and a T nor should there be.  Bring them out once every half decade or so if you want.  They were great for the statue unveiling game and we’ve gone and over done it. We just can’t help ourselves. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Don't shoot the messenger.

North Texas Mean Joe Greene Era Throwbacks — UNISWAG

Didn't we just lose a bowl in those same throwback costumes three games ago?

Then, really really far-out groovy flying worm costumes like two games ago?

Then throwback Joe Greene era road costumes last week mixed with Diving Eagle helmets?

Seriously, when is the last time we played a home game in our actual current uniforms? Anyone? Anyone? Ademley? Simone Adamley?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, ADLER said:

Didn't we just lose a bowl in those same throwback costumes three games ago?

Then, really really far-out groovy flying worm costumes like two games ago?

Then throwback Joe Greene era road costumes last week mixed with Diving Eagle helmets?

Seriously, when is the last time we played a home game in our actual current uniforms? Anyone? Anyone? Ademley? Simone Adamley?

When we lost the first game (2018 La Tech) with them, that should’ve been a sign to ditch them and run. Like the grey

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I'm fine with having fun with uniforms, but different combos every single week? That's overkill. Especially, when 1/3 of them don't work. 

Our regular unis are great and I struggle to understand why we've thrown them to the back of the closest so we can wear different combinations of our throwbacks. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/16/2021 at 3:10 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Personally, tired of the uniform of the week club. We need to stick with something and be consistent. No wonder most people have no clue to who we are. is this the 3rd different helmet scheme in 3 games?

Man who's that school that beat Ohio State last week? They're in the PAC 12 I think....erm....was it Washington State? Nah, they're pretty consistent in their jerseys. It wasn't Boise, but I know it's in the Northwest...

Ah hell, if they didn't change their uniforms every game maybe I'd remember who they were for once! 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Coffee and TV said:

Man who's that school that beat Ohio State last week? They're in the PAC 12 I think....erm....was it Washington State? Nah, they're pretty consistent in their jerseys. It wasn't Boise, but I know it's in the Northwest...

Ah hell, if they didn't change their uniforms every game maybe I'd remember who they were for once! 

You really want to compare us to Oregon? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1